Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engine sounds good...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Engine sounds good...

at 5.5-6.3k rpms. Slight whistling sound happening. Can't wait for the turbo setup to be done.

Also, even with 185 series tire, the ASC was still engaging... Granted, my tires are at 50% and the roads were damp... Just goes to show how light the car is and how sufficient the power:weight ratio is.

Back story: I have been in Scottsdale, Arizona since Saturday and missed Bae. After going to the club last night, a couple of stoplights called for a couple of hard launches, quick shifts, and my heavy foot.

The '13/'14 CVT sentra I borrowed got my left foot bored.

I also noticed:
    that with a little work, I can shift the car as smoothly as an automatic - almost even CVT like.
    that when on 'go fast' mode, I can shift the car seemingly as fast as a PDK/dual clutch.

The latter of the two is made possible (I believe) by the high clutch friction zone. Halfway into the clutch, I am already out of the previous gear, making my way to the next. By full clutch, I'm already pushing the gas to prep for gear engagement.

Can't wait to strip the car, put rollbars, and suspension work.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I also noticed:
    that with a little work, I can shift the car as smoothly as an automatic - almost even CVT like.
    that when on 'go fast' mode, I can shift the car seemingly as fast as a PDK/dual clutch.
    Have you noticed, or is it just me, that the ratio change from 1st to 2nd is horrible for high rev speed shifts, the RPM drop is HUGE.

Anyone know what the rear ratios are for the 5 speed?
    ゼロ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 33.4 mpg (US) ... 14.2 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When doing test drive I felt someting strange between really fast gear changes, maybe it was the TCS, I can shift very fast in my Civic but doing the same in the mirage felt like a deadzone between pressing the gas and engine revving again...

Maybe it's drive-by-wire, dont know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
    Anyone know what the rear ratios are for the 5 speed?
    Thread: Gear ratios: 2014 Mirage transmissions, 5-spd manual & CVT (speed vs. RPM chart)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Minihaha (06-13-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely drive-by-wire related.

That's why I start revving before even releasing the clutch. If I wait til after releasing the clutch, it's too late.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Definitely drive-by-wire related.

That's why I start revving before even releasing the clutch. If I wait til after releasing the clutch, it's too late.
    Thanks for the insight, I think I will miss my hydrolic powersteering and my true wire throttle :/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    at 5.5-6.3k rpms. Slight whistling sound happening. Can't wait for the turbo setup to be done.
    Wait..are you seriously going to be installing a turbo on the Mirage??!

If so, please post pics of each step! I would love to see that!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely missing the throttle. Hydraulic ps isn't too much missed when the stock wheels are changed out.

I'll be turboing the mirage in a couple of years... Not anytime soon, but it will come.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Definitely missing the throttle. Hydraulic ps isn't too much missed when the stock wheels are changed out.

I'll be turboing the mirage in a couple of years... Not anytime soon, but it will come.
    is it that much of a change? 15/7 wheels are a must?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Also, even with 185 series tire, the ASC was still engaging... Granted, my tires are at 50% and the roads were damp... Just goes to show how light the car is and how sufficient the power:weight ratio is.

Back story: I have been in Scottsdale, Arizona since Saturday and missed Bae. After going to the club last night, a couple of stoplights called for a couple of hard launches, quick shifts, and my heavy foot.

The '13/'14 CVT sentra I borrowed got my left foot bored.

I also noticed:

The latter of the two is made possible (I believe) by the high clutch friction zone. Halfway into the clutch, I am already out of the previous gear, making my way to the next. By full clutch, I'm already pushing the gas to prep for gear engagement.

Can't wait to strip the car, put rollbars, and suspension work.
    This.

We have the same dream, brother.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)