Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dealer gave me the car, but purchase not finished yet?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In my case, the inmense majority of the dealers I've known range from deceptive to total liars, like this last one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went to the dealer last week to take a Mirage out for a test drive. The sales guy comes back with the keys to a fully loaded ES model. As we start to drive off, he says "STOP! Let me out right here as there are some people that just showed up that I've been waiting on. Just take the car out for a bit and let me know what you think." So I did just that. I drove it for a bit, then came back and told him what I liked and what I didn't like about the car.

After discussing the car options with my wife the next day, we came to the conclusion that the Mirage would be the best car for us. So, the next day, my wife, my mother-in-law, and I went back to the dealership. The sales guy threw my the keys, once again for an ES model, and we all went for a drive, minus the sales guy.

Upon coming back, I let the sales guy know that we'll take it, but only a blue one. So he brought us inside where they had a blue ES model in the show room. We sat down, filled out paper work, and after about an hour we left with the new car. The process was smooth, no pressure was put on us, and the sales guy also did all of the financing (he has been in the car sales business for 25 years and just about does it all). We ended up with a 3.19% APR (not bad considering I had to file for bankruptcy 2 years ago) and payments of $256 a month.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had both positive and negative experiences.

Best to always be on the alert when making any large purchase, especially cars. The industry is known for shady dealings, dealers and manufacturers.

You don't have to say more than Ford Pinto and GM ignition switches to know that many manufacturers will trade your life for a few extra dollars on the profit line.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    I went to the dealer last week to take a Mirage out for a test drive. The sales guy comes back with the keys to a fully loaded ES model. As we start to drive off, he says "STOP! Let me out right here as there are some people that just showed up that I've been waiting on. Just take the car out for a bit and let me know what you think." So I did just that. I drove it for a bit, then came back and told him what I liked and what I didn't like about the car.

After discussing the car options with my wife the next day, we came to the conclusion that the Mirage would be the best car for us. So, the next day, my wife, my mother-in-law, and I went back to the dealership. The sales guy threw my the keys, once again for an ES model, and we all went for a drive, minus the sales guy.

Upon coming back, I let the sales guy know that we'll take it, but only a blue one. So he brought us inside where they had a blue ES model in the show room. We sat down, filled out paper work, and after about an hour we left with the new car. The process was smooth, no pressure was put on us, and the sales guy also did all of the financing (he has been in the car sales business for 25 years and just about does it all). We ended up with a 3.19% APR (not bad considering I had to file for bankruptcy 2 years ago) and payments of $256 a month.
    Very good for you. I consider that a lucky experience.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    R01K , why not name the dealer for all to see ? That way they'll know what to expect . Hope all goes well with the new addition .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Would never buy a new or used car without test driving it . Not all cars are made equal .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    R01K , why not name the dealer for all to see ? That way they'll know what to expect . Hope all goes well with the new addition .
    Becuase before boycotting them in public, I want to give them the oportunity to response to the complain that I'll present.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Would never buy a new or used car without test driving it . Not all cars are made equal .
    I did that with mine. I wasn't the first person to drive mine, though

The 2011 Focus was already out of production and there were only a few brand new 5 speeds left. The dealer had to do a trade to a dealer 150 miles away. So someone drove my car 150 miles from the other dealer.

Worked out well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I test drove it twice before.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    M-88 , glad all is going well for you . Some have better luck than others .