Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas mileage / MPG achievements (with optional MPG computer pics)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Decided to post here since newer members might look at the fuel economy log and when they see some unusual numbers the first thing they think is "sure you are getting that. I believe you,just show me proof".

Well this is not real proof because pictures could be easily faked nowadays but here it goes my fill from this morning.

Miles on this tank 540.1, trip computer's guess on tank average 73.6MPG(note "B" display the manual reset which gets reset at every fillup) , Estimated range remaining 70 miles, receipt and a pic of the pump.

Name:  Fuel fillup.JPG
Views: 1214
Size:  48.3 KB

Actual MPG on this tank came out to 72.5.

Block heater on cold nights (cold as in Florida cold) and recent warm air intake seems to work!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-03-2016),inuvik (03-03-2016),MetroMPG (03-03-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Awesome mileage!! Hope you log the mileage on fuelly.com too to make all the Prius people cry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Awesome mileage!! Hope you log the mileage on fuelly.com too to make all the Prius people cry.
    Haha no I only log here and on ecomodder. Does fuelly have a dedicated crowd keeping up with the entries? (I guess that's a pretty stupid question ) I have to check it out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Miles on this tank 540.1, trip computer's guess on tank average 73.6MPG

Block heater on cold nights (cold as in Florida cold) and recent warm air intake seems to work!
    NICE!!

A bit of context (driving techniques /speeds) ?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I thought 3d was full of it when i saw his logs. after a lil investigation and PMs back and forth. He does things that some ppl cant. Well me living in Jersey for sure cant ill get ran over. He tells me he put foam blocks in the front grill, does a ton of hypermiling, told me he actually shuts down his car to do a engine off coast.<<<Sometimes all the way down to bicycle speeds. I wish i could see his Mileage. After Talking to 3D, i have achieved about 5 more MPG just from driving habits. The engine block heater may have to be next to see if i can squeeze some more out of this little guy
    There is no I in team. But there is a PU in group and you guys stink.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 35.1 mpg (US) ... 14.9 km/L ... 6.7 L/100 km ... 42.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dontee For This Useful Post:

3dplane (03-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Niiiiiiiiice !!! Additional reason to get a Mirage at this time .

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    that's some crazy mileage Crazy Jerry!!!!
    and GooneyGooney, not too bad...How does the different gravity(I see you live on Mars) affect your mileage??
    less gravity = less weight = less engine stress and less friction = better fuel consumption

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Yor sir made my day . It is true. why buying a prius when this beats the **** out of the prius + maintenance and new cost is ridiculous low compared to prius

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontee View Post
    after a lil investigation and PMs back and forth. He does things that some ppl cant. ... He tells me he put foam blocks in the front grill, does a ton of hypermiling, told me he actually shuts down his car to do a engine off coast.
    More details please. I'd like to know more about how others achieve better fuel economy.

Isn't there a thread here that covers this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Decided to post here since newer members might look at the fuel economy log and when they see some unusual numbers the first thing they think is "sure you are getting that. I believe you,just show me proof".

Well this is not real proof because pictures could be easily faked nowadays but here it goes my fill from this morning.

Miles on this tank 540.1, trip computer's guess on tank average 73.6MPG(note "B" display the manual reset which gets reset at every fillup) , Estimated range remaining 70 miles, receipt and a pic of the pump.

Name:  Fuel fillup.JPG
Views: 1214
Size:  48.3 KB

I bet Prius owners will die if they see this. FBI must keep this a secret to the public