Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Gas Mileage Picture thread ; Let it be shown (trip computer pics of great MPG)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    When I changed the CVT oil in my Mirage it was black and thick. I feel like you should change that one early after you buy one new. It runs much better after you change it.
    It definitely does. Hasn't fixed the cold weather fuel usage in the summer though. Much better though.

Oddly, I watched the oil come out, and while it wasn't the same colour as the stuff that went in, it actually wasn't black. wonder what that means.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    It definitely does. Hasn't fixed the cold weather fuel usage in the summer though. Much better though.

Oddly, I watched the oil come out, and while it wasn't the same colour as the stuff that went in, it actually wasn't black. wonder what that means.
    What oil did you use? I used the mitsubishi stuff a few times(I think it was kinda blue iirc) but use a aftermarket stuff now that looks more like engine oil but stinks! When I drain it, it's usually dark-medium brown, not black. I jack up the back of the car to get a little extra drained out, measure how much I drained and then refill the same amount. Seems to work fine.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What oil did you use? I used the mitsubishi stuff a few times(I think it was kinda blue iirc) but use a aftermarket stuff now that looks more like engine oil but stinks! When I drain it, it's usually dark-medium brown, not black. I jack up the back of the car to get a little extra drained out, measure how much I drained and then refill the same amount. Seems to work fine.
    I used the mitsubishi fluid. While it isn't cheap, with the drop fill it isn't horribly expensive either. The stuff that came out was like a highlighter greeny brown. I was really expecting it to be darker, since I was actually at 75000 km when i changed it for the first time.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Just did the math 6.57 l p100 kms mostly in town

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just can't break 65! Getting consistent upper 50s.

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to do fill too fill calculations for a while but the MID numbers are improving
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome!!! MPG ! I miss my Mirage! But I'm a Loyal Mitsubishi Owner. I have my New Outlander SE and my work car that I picked up that's in very Good Condition a 2001 Galant ESName:  IMG_2992.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  37.6 KB

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)