Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas mileage / MPG achievements (with optional MPG computer pics)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    More details please. I'd like to know more about how others achieve better fuel economy.

Isn't there a thread here that covers this?

what I have learned is that this engine is built for high reving. This means you don't achieve good mpg by low reving the **** out of the car . I have gained good mpg by a light foot acceleration(keep in mind I have the EU version with the leaf eco mode. By using a light foot I can always have 2 green leaves when accelerating, this must be good then.) a light foot with high reving is better for mpg and engine, than low reving and heavier foot on accelerater to keep speed up. Sorry for bad english, hope this makes sense

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Basically extreme hypermiling taking every opportunity to coast in neutral. Engine on or off whichever appropriate for the time.

On my morning commute I can't hold back people so I'm lucky to get high sixties sometimes low seventies(MPG).

Any other time hypermile as much as traffic allows me!

No hard acceleration and not much revving the engine helps a lot!

Go over to ecomodder site to learn more! I learned a lot there myself!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-04-2016),ThunderG (03-05-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dplane View Post
    Basically extreme hypermiling taking every opportunity to coast in neutral. Engine on or off whichever appropriate for the time.

On my morning commute I can't hold back people so I'm lucky to get high sixties sometimes low seventies(MPG).

Any other time hypermile as much as traffic allows me!

No hard acceleration and not much revving the engine helps a lot!

Go over to ecomodder site to learn more! I learned a lot there myself!
    but if you have a hill downward and you need to stop there, I would coast in gear as the engine is powered from the wheels and not gas

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Look at my 13 km commute, I had climate control at 19^oC without air condition. Tempereture outside was 4-5^oC. I drove about 60 km/h. And I drove really carefully cause I need to fill the gas tank in the morning as gas prices will be lower. I had little fuel. but the outcome was great
    Name:  Space Star økonomi.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  93.6 KB

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleartec For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-04-2016),MetroMPG (03-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Wow, awesome economy! I really like the green leaf Eco display you have on the Euro models. Here in the USA we only have a green "Eco" word that lights up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Wow, awesome economy! I really like the green leaf Eco display you have on the Euro models. Here in the USA we only have a green "Eco" word that lights up.
    You don't know what you are missing out on, this leaf mode is beast. You can adjust your driving and thereby fuel econmy a lot just by lokking at the leaves

Have a nice day

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    same here just a small, tiny, itsy bitsy "eco" light! pft! hahaha

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleartec View Post
    Look at my 13 km commute, I had climate control at 19^oC without air condition. Tempereture outside was 4-5^oC. I drove about 60 km/h. And I drove really carefully cause I need to fill the gas tank in the morning as gas prices will be lower. I had little fuel. but the outcome was great
    Name:  Space Star økonomi.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  93.6 KB
    does the right side guage of the eco leaf works? i mean it shows in the it has 4 bars, does it lit up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I finally hit the Canadian fuel consumption rating for the first time! 7.0L/100km. I suppose it's because the weather is getting a bit warmer. It's nice to know I'll be able to smash the rating in the summer.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nickpon For This Useful Post:

Cleartec (03-05-2016)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    does the right side guage of the eco leaf works? i mean it shows in the it has 4 bars, does it lit up?
    Only when driving. If you have a light foot under acceleration it will have 2 leaves heavy foot = red leaf . I was parked in auto sto and go