Thread: All-electric version of the new Mirage?

All-electric version of the new Mirage?

Some sources suggest that an electric version of the Mirage car may be developed. Seems unusual though, with the i-MiEV in production already:

with a vehicle this small, it's all but assured that Mitsubishi will take some of the lessons learned from its i-MiEV project to produce an all-electric model.
    Source - Autoblog: http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/01/m...t-geneva-2011/

Mitsubishi's own press release about its "Global Small" concept car (on which the Mirage is based) says:

"e" for "electric vehicle": as a further environmentally friendly measure – and a direct effect of its fully integrated Global Small architecture - e-compact is engineered to accommodate a further variant, fitted with a 100% electric powertrain.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I've been wondering the same thing now that the i-MiEV is no longer being sold in North America. It seems the Mirage platform would be a good candidate for electric propulsion.

If Mitsubishi had an electric version in mind during design, surely they had some parts ready to use?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing now that the i-MiEV is no longer being sold in North America. It seems the Mirage platform would be a good candidate for electric propulsion.

If Mitsubishi had an electric version in mind during design, surely they had some parts ready to use?

If they did, surely it would only be an offshoot/option of the ICE Mirage. Otherwise you are looking at Prius pricing, and losing a lot of the advantage of the current Mirage. Unless they feel they are going upmarket...

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I would love a less expensive EV. I really liked the i-miev, despite some reviewers not digging it (I think we can relate with the Mirage...).

A plug in Hybrid car sticker under 20 grand would RULE. With all the credits??

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't like the i-Miev. At first I liked funky cars, but its really annoying that electric cars have to look weird like that and have "i" in from of the name. An electric car that looks like the Mirage with no differences would be cool.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The new Nissan Leaf looks sweet imo
    https://goo.gl/images/E2AgM7