Thread: Knifeless custom vinyl installation

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lightbulb Knifeless custom vinyl installation

So I stumbled across this product that allows you to install vinyl on your car without cutting it. From what I've seen, you place this tape along the outside border of what you want covered and place the vinyl overlaying this tape; pull the tape and it cuts the vinyl where you need it. Then you would pull off your overlapping vinyl.

Does anyone happen to have experience with this product they care to share?
    I'd be interested to hear about it, as I have some vinyl graphic ideas brewing and this could save some time from making templates for everything.

It says the DesignLine Tape has "Knife Like Cuts - Guaranteed", so I am definitely interested in getting some of this. I've been trying to figure out how to do the front bumper without having to make a template or hitting the bumper with a razor knife.

Here's the link:

http://knifelesstechsystems.com/Products.aspx

-Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No experience with it, but I did see an episode of Mighty Car Mods where they used it (probably not the same brand, but same type of product). And yup, it worked awesome!

-Charlie-

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I will be using knifelss cutting tape when I do my vinyl work in the spring to ensure the straightest lines and no accidental damage to the paint. I practiced wrapping some of my son's toys just to get used to the vinyl, since I have no previous experience working with it. With just about every cut out I did I got the surface of the toys as well, though thankfully my son doesn't seem to mind. I might just need a new blade on my x-acto knife, but I'd rather not chance it on the Mirage when it comes to doing the real thing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)