Thread: I miss my Mirage :(

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

I miss my Mirage :(

I bought my Mirage, then 2 weeks later I had a foot surgery.

I miss my car.

So I haven't been able to drive, much less see my Mirage for a week now!

I miss my car.

I got a phone call yesterday from the dealership letting me know that my plates have come in, so my wife drove my car today so she could go by and pick up the plates.

I miss my car.

And to think that I still have about another 8 weeks to go before I MIGHT be able to drive.

Did I mention that I miss my car?

Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear. My worst fear when riding my motorcycle is injuring my feet or amputating any limbs, because those will result in no more manual tranny cars.

Bummer!

I assume that's your right foot?

Left foot driving! No?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Sorry to hear. My worst fear when riding my motorcycle is injuring my feet or amputating any limbs, because those will result in no more manual tranny cars.

The problem I have is on my left foot. A vast majority of the vehicles I have ever owned have been manual transmission vehicles. My doctor told me though that from here on, I NEED an automatic vehicle because a manual transmission vehicle will damage my foot worse than it already is.

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Bummer!

I assume that's your right foot?

Left foot driving! No?

Nope, left foot is the one with all the problems.

My last vehicle I owned before my Mirage was a standard transmission truck. I learned how to straight shift it without grinding so the only time I needed to work the clutch is when I came to a stop. Unfortunately because the truck had some serious highway gears in it, at idle in 1st would equal 10 mph so it didn't do good in traffic. So, it had to go. I liked that truck too.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Sorry to see that .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    The problem I have is on my left foot. A vast majority of the vehicles I have ever owned have been manual transmission vehicles. My doctor told me though that from here on, I NEED an automatic vehicle because a manual transmission vehicle will damage my foot worse than it already is.
    Damn. The day this happens to me... Sigh.

I suppose Porsche's PDK or BMW's SMG aren't too bad as options.

Have any of you driven either or both of those technologies? Weird feeling how the car feels like it has a clutch but you're not the one engaging it.

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    91cavgt:
    too bad; your foot must be really in bad shape, if it cannot press the super soft Mirage's clutch.

Hope you get better soon and can enjoy the Mirage again. CVT it not too bad, I've heard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    91cavgt:
    too bad; your foot must be really in bad shape, if it cannot press the super soft Mirage's clutch.

Hope you get better soon and can enjoy the Mirage again. CVT it not too bad, I've heard.

Well, I just had my 4th surgery on my left foot, and the doctor let my wife and I know that there may be more surgeries to come. Since I now have bones that are fused in my foot, I don't have very much flexibility or feeling either. So it's not really how soft the clutch pedal is, but rather it is the fact that my foot would have to flex to work the clutch, and that would damage it further.

The CVT has very much surprised me in that it is geared towards getting good fuel economy instead of for better performance. If I think I might need to get up and go, I can go ahead and put the shifter in B mode which raises the rpms up and it seems to quicken the acceleration slightly. My wife drove my car to work today and made a comment about how it gets up and goes quicker than what she thought it would, and without having to floor the car like econo cars of the past.