Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airbags disabled, see dealer

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Airbags disabled, see dealer

My daughter's 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage came up with a warning that the airbags are disabled and she should see the dealer. Does anyone know anything about this?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    There's so much information on the MID? Could it be the passenger airbag that need to switched off when you are carrying a baby?
    If it is then you can just turn on manually

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Hi John - welcome to the forum.

(For those who don't know, John posted an in-depth article about his daughter's decision to buy a Mirage on Green Car Reports: Why One Young Woman Bought A 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage: Frugal Shopping )

If no other owners chime in with additional info, I hope you'll return and post what you learned about the problem.

(I was going to make a snide comment along the lines of, "I didn't know Mitsu was sourcing ignition switches from GM..." but decided not to. Oops, I guess I did anyway!)

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Darin,
    Thanks, will do. I'm trying to get more information from my daughter about the symptoms. Googling the problem didn't reveal anything.
    John C. Briggs

Yep, I tried the same thing (Googling) and didn't see anything helpful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    If that is indeed the message displayed I would assume a system fault that has rendered the airbags (all of 'em) inoperable.
    If it happened only once and has since gone through startup diagnostics without issue and no further message take it to dealer at your convenience.
    If the message is persistent take it to dealer ASAP as you may be driving with NO airbag protection at all.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    If that is indeed the message displayed I would assume a system fault that has rendered the airbags (all of 'em) inoperable.
    If it happened only once and has since gone through startup diagnostics without issue and no further message take it to dealer at your convenience.
    If the message is persistent take it to dealer ASAP as you may be driving with NO airbag protection at all.
    Well basically when nothing happens it's not a big deal lolz

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  CAM00366 - Edited.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  9.6 KB
    Here is a picture of the error
    Name:  CAM00363 - Edited.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  16.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The passenger air bag will be off if the seat is free. But I guess that your concern is due to the red light on the console staying lit, isn't it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    could b trouble, get it checked at the dealer