Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Name:  mirage-q-and-a.jpg
Views: 3087
Size:  15.3 KB

This is cool: I've been in touch with Mitsubishi in the U.S. a few times since we started this forum. I recenty introduced myself (and by extension this whole community) to the company's relatively new public relations manager, Alex Fedorak. Alex is interested in interacting with us, and a Q & A thread seemed like an efficient format.

The idea is if you have questions, post them in this thread. Once we've collected a bunch, I'll let Alex know.

Just a note: PR people generally have a dedicated "sorry, but I can't comment on future product plans" button on their keyboards.

I knew about this button beforehand of course, but I tested it by asking Alex if he could throw me a bone about the Mirage sedan in the States. I can confirm his S.B.I.C.C.O.F.P.P. button is working just fine! Consider that a heads-up and save yourself the disappointment if you feel compelled to ask about plans for a turbocharged 1.0L engine option or something like that.

------------------------------------------------------

I'll start:

1) Out of sheer curiousity, I'm interested in knowing the ratio of CVT vs. manual transmission in retail (non-fleet) sales.

====

UPDATE: Sept 12 - our first batch of questions are answered. See post #25.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

kerc (08-12-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    2) Could he divulge fleet sales vs personal sales?

3) Also, why no 1.0L in the US? Seems like some of our members would choose the 1.0L if it were available.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

fanfare (01-21-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    4) For the love of God, can he comment on what the oil change interval should be.

5) I'm sure he can find sources to know exactly how different the suspension of the G4 and mirage are - and if they will fit.

That's it for now. I'll think of something while I'm in the shower. It always happens.

Also, did you direct him to the thread of Mirage wants/improvements?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the opportunity, for starters! If he can't give us exact data on the previous questions, at least percentages of total sales would be great discussion fodder. My question is:

6) Why was the US version released without a rear sway bar(or whatever its called technically), and could the dealer nearest me offer an OEM one for purchase as an add-on?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    7) Any plans to update the software/firmware which controls the CVT's shifting & idle neutral to make it smoother, and would something like that be available to current owners?

It produces an noticable bump when coming to a stop, and another bump when you let off the brake and press the accelerator.
    Last edited by cookiemonster; 08-22-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Also, did you direct him to the thread of Mirage wants/improvements?
    I hadn't - thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBn View Post
    Why was the US version released without a rear sway bar(or whatever its called technically)
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any country's Mirage has a rear bar.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, that would explain the lack of one. Consider that question answered. Could I change it to a more general "why no rear swaybar?", the people who have gotten an aftermarket one have all had positive things to say about it.

6... revised) why no rear swaybar?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    8) Why does the UK get a taller geared manual transmission?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

That's a good one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    9) Why don't we get the option for the armrest when other parts of the world got it?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rkt Ship For This Useful Post:

kerc (08-12-2014)