Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Quote Originally Posted by clh333 View Post
    I read recently that the German firm that designed the 1200 cc engine that is in my 2015 Mirage DE also designed a 4-cylinder 1600cc engine.
    I actually asked Mitsu Canada (same products as Mitsu USA) about the option of a more powerful engine. It's not in the cards.

This partly stems from the Thai facility that produces the car: to qualify for the ongoing incentives which led them to build their factory there, they are limited to producing cars with no more than 1.2L displacement, and it has to meet strict fuel economy levels.

Neither will we see the option for the smaller, more fuel-efficient 1.0L engine. I suppose they've crunched the numbers, and there's no business case for spending money to certify/support either a bigger or smaller engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-05-2017),poorman1 (03-04-2017)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    This seems like an easy fix for people who connect their phones to their stereos via Bluetooth because Mitsubishi could sync up the car's clock to the cellphone's clock which is always accurate because of the cell towers. Thee should probably be an app for that! XD

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    I would certainly be happy wth a 1.0L engine

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Because then they couldn't charge $17xxx for it.
    If they are going to remove the option for Manual on the Se trim, the least they could do is offer the GT model with Stick. No doubt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Plug In Hybrid Car under $16k. Can they consider this? Say, 40 miles on a charge, then 45+ MPG to follow? Offer in base and GT trims?

Add a visor mirror to the passenger side on SE trims and up? Consider a padded arm rest on the doors too. That piano trim is not real comfy and just attracts dust and scratches.

Maybe add a super content nixed model? No power windows or locks in a 2 door trim for 9 grand (less with incentives?)

PLEASE offer the manual on an SE and GT trim. Please...

and the final must; a Split 40/60 seat for the G4 model. Rios, Corollas, iA, and only exception the bottom of the barrel Versa S pretty much has a folding seat not their sedan model. The pass through is really not a solution. Nice they came up with something quick and cheap, though.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would like to know why parts and accessories are so expensive; sometimes, it could be double or triple price compared to Asian dealers.

Just a year, all factory filled hard boned wipers torn. okay, I understand this is my beater, so maybe I am not taking care of it as supposed to be. A $44 CAD rear wiper refill? Seriously? They already charged me dealer pricing. Those premium flat wipers at front cost me 30 only!
    Not to mention all other parts and accessories, I just spent $250 CAD and more for 2 o-rings, 2 filters, one gasket, and 4 bottles of J4 fluid
    Cabin filter? more than $40CAD
    Air Filter? quite close to cabin filter...
    Mirage is a affordable and hassle-free car, but I feel I am driving a VW again, which I used to make fun "Drives Das Volks, Spend Like Benz"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Don't buy parts from a dealer unless absolutely necessary. You're welcome lol

The last place I'd buy wiper blades from is a dealership regardless of what emblem is on the car.
    As for cvt fluid, again...every mfg is gonna charge more for something cause it has their label on the bottle. This isn't just a Mitsubishi thing. There are lots of aftermarket fluids that meet the Mitsu specs and they're cheaper.
    Pretty much everything can be found cheaper aftermarket. Nobody has to buy from a dealer to keep their car running.

Better hope that transmission doesn't crater once warranty is up, if you think dealer wiper blades are expensive!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I usually stick with aftermarket parts, but rear wiper and some vehicle specific parts and accessories are way too expensive...
    Front mud guards... focus is around $55... mirage is $90
    window deflector...80 on focus... mirage is 140
    domestic dealer ATF is....6/ L....j4 is at 23/ L
    Vavoline Asian Blue PHOAT...18....but OEM is close to 40
    wix air filter...20 but 40 for OEM Mirage filter
    Warehouse branded cabin filter...7 but 44 for OEM
    front wipers...not even bother asking but I have a pair of premium flat wipers... 30
    those are jobbers pricing I could get.

Automatic transmission fluid...
    I will only get it from either fluid manufacturer or dealer branded fluid
    If Idemitsu CVTF Type N3 is available in Canada, I will get it.
    Previous experiences have already "traumatized" me LOL...like 1991 Jatco NCVT(no torque converter, using electro-magnetic clutch) and 2000 Ford Mondeo (CD4E)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES Limited 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MigWay View Post
    I would like to know why parts and accessories are so expensive; sometimes, it could be double or triple price compared to Asian dealers.

Just a year, all factory filled hard boned wipers torn. okay, I understand this is my beater, so maybe I am not taking care of it as supposed to be. A $44 CAD rear wiper refill? Seriously? They already charged me dealer pricing. Those premium flat wipers at front cost me 30 only!
    Not to mention all other parts and accessories, I just spent $250 CAD and more for 2 o-rings, 2 filters, one gasket, and 4 bottles of J4 fluid
    Cabin filter? more than $40CAD
    Air Filter? quite close to cabin filter...
    Mirage is a affordable and hassle-free car, but I feel I am driving a VW again, which I used to make fun "Drives Das Volks, Spend Like Benz"
    Windshield wipers are the same price for all vehicles at any store that sells them. If I am buying a 24" wiper blade @ a discount store, it's doesn't matter if it goes on my Mirage or Forester (both use a 24" driver's side wiper). If a dealer charges a fortune for a simple item like wiper blades, you can surely buy them cheaper elsewhere. Wiper blades are wiper blades. I can spend $6-7 buck for a cheap 24" wiper blade or $35 for an expensive 24" silicone wiper blade. The cost of the wiper blade has nothing to do with what vehicle it goes on.

To say wiper blades for a Mirage are more expensive than any other vehicle really isn't true. Buying them at a Mitsubishi dealership may be a rip off, however.

Cabin air filters seem quite over priced for all vehicles to me. I look for cheap cabin air filter on line. Once again, I don't think an aftermarket cabin air filter is any more expensive for a Mirage. The same goes for engine air filters. The Mirage engine air filter may be a couple bucks more expensive than Chevy Spark, but it also looks more substantial in size. It's larger than the one that goes on my Forester.

There's no difference in cost buying engine oil and oil filters for a Mirage than any other vehicle on the market.

I can't really speak on the matter of CVT maintenance. 2 quarts of Redline MTL is all it takes to replace my manual transmission fluid. Drain & refill until it starts draining from the fill hole. Simple! It's easier than changing engine oil, because there's no filter!

I don't see how any of these items would cost me one penny more than owning any other car sold in North America. I am not convinced Mitsubishi brand products like oil filters are superior. You may not have a choice on something like a CVT filter, however. That's not something you pull off the shelf @ Walmart.

If I bought my parts from a dealer, I would probably complain, too. I've just never done that for simple maintenance items. Keep in mind, it would be a 130 mile round trip for me to visit my nearest Subaru or Mitsubishi dealership. Walmart, Rock Auto, & Auto Zone work well for me.

I realize you are in Canada, & things are priced differently there, too
    Last edited by Mark; 03-25-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd like to know what the departure of the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Micra, and Ford Fiesta might mean for the Mirage. Will Mitsubishi be able to carve off a bigger slice of the pie, or will they, too, abandon the small car market? Will small cars all be fully electric soon enough that it isn't worth developing new gas models?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Canoehead For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-02-2021)