Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Got Mirage questions? Post them here to get answers from a Mitsubishi U.S. expert

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Attachment 1382

This is cool: I've been in touch with Mitsubishi in the U.S. a few times since we started this forum. I recenty introduced myself (and by extension this whole community) to the company's relatively new public relations manager, Alex Fedorak. Alex is interested in interacting with us, and a Q & A thread seemed like an efficient format.

The idea is if you have questions, post them in this thread. Once we've collected a bunch, I'll let Alex know.

Just a note: PR people generally have a dedicated "sorry, but I can't comment on future product plans" button on their keyboards.

I knew about this button beforehand of course, but I tested it by asking Alex if he could throw me a bone about the Mirage sedan in the States. I can confirm his S.B.I.C.C.O.F.P.P. button is working just fine! Consider that a heads-up and save yourself the disappointment if you feel compelled to ask about plans for a turbocharged 1.0L engine option or something like that.

------------------------------------------------------

I'll start:

1) Out of sheer curiousity, I'm interested in knowing the ratio of CVT vs. manual transmission in retail (non-fleet) sales.

====

UPDATE: Sept 12 - our first batch of questions are answered. See post #25.
    https://eflexfuel.com/us#vehicle-selection

I have an interest in this conversion for a 2023/2024 but this site stops at 2020 and thereafter addresses the Space Star. So, what is the difference that does not permit this conversion to later modles?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi! I got a 2024 Mirage, and I do nearly all highway miles. I also want this car to not need a new transmission for a VERY long time.

Currently got 8,000 miles on it. Been putting about 80 miles per day on it. Was thinking of being a CVT health freak and changing the fluid, as well as cleaning the magnets, and the filter in the pan, and the filter behind the driver side wheel every 10,000 miles. What do you think?

Just need to add, this is the 100th day of owning the Mirage, and over the last 8,150(ish) miles, it has gotten 49 US MPG. Very good!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.1 mpg (US) ... 21.7 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.4 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lock dot 2 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-06-2024),mohammad (01-22-2024)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    i wouldnt change it that much unless i was racing the car all the time or towing loads, severe interval is 24k miles

i wouldnt change the pan screen either, unless you see its captured junk, mine didnt have any material captured

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lock dot 2 View Post
    Hi! I got a 2024 Mirage, and I do nearly all highway miles. I also want this car to not need a new transmission for a VERY long time.

Currently got 8,000 miles on it. Been putting about 80 miles per day on it. Was thinking of being a CVT health freak and changing the fluid, as well as cleaning the magnets, and the filter in the pan, and the filter behind the driver side wheel every 10,000 miles. What do you think?

Just need to add, this is the 100th day of owning the Mirage, and over the last 8,150(ish) miles, it has gotten 49 US MPG. Very good!

Fluid, temperature of that fluid, time and load. You are on the right track. https://www.redlineoil.com/non-slip-cvt

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Over the past 8,884 miles, or 39 gas fills, my Mirage has averaged 49.3 US MPG. Is that pretty good for a CVT Mirage? This is my 2024 Mirage ES.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2024 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 51.1 mpg (US) ... 21.7 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lock dot 2 View Post
    Over the past 8,884 miles, or 39 gas fills, my Mirage has averaged 49.3 US MPG. Is that pretty good for a CVT Mirage? This is my 2024 Mirage ES.
    Yes, thems good numbers especially in winter though that's probably not a thing there. Sounds like you're taking it easy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    https://eflexfuel.com/us#vehicle-selection

I have an interest in this conversion for a 2023/2024 but this site stops at 2020 and thereafter addresses the Space Star. So, what is the difference that does not permit this conversion to later modles?
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am not aware of any power train changes since 2017. Some minor changes occurred from 2014-15 to 2017+ (74 hp to 78 hp being one of them).

A 2021+ Mirage will have different bumpers and things like emergency braking, but the power train should be the same. The manual transmission in the States was dropped in 2022.

Other than a different charcoal canister in 2019+ I haven’t noticed any difference up to 2023.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, I don't give it a lot of throttle. Try to stay under 2,000 RPM in town, and about 2,500 when merging on the freeway, and back to about 1,900 when cruising on the freeway with cruise control at 55 MPH.