Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone change their own oil?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-space View Post
    Okay, okay... Bear with me So a Mobil1 M1-110 filter is what I'd be asking for at our local parts store. Now for the oil! I'm on the Mobil1 site, and the Mobil1 Extended Performance doesn't seem to be available in 0W-20. So what would you pay in oil with the Advanced Fuel Economy Mobil there, Charlie? Hoping to keep it under $80 as I'm no rolling in money here, but I want the best I can get for her within that price Looking into the Pennzoil, too
    Ah, I see you are in Canada. I don't know what's available in Canada, but in Wal-Mart here in FL, I definitely found Mobil 1 EP in 0W-20.

For Mobil1 Advanced Fuel Economy, I was able to get 5 quart oil special WITH the Mobil1 M1-110 for $35 US here at a place called Autozone. AFE costs a bit less than the EP.

-Charlie-

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oil filter grade sheet.

http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articl...gradesheet.htm

I thought this was appropriate for this thread. It lists different oil filters and how well they actually perform.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 91cavgt For This Useful Post:

Back-space (08-30-2014)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks 91 The Mobil1 seems to be high up on the list I wish I could get an oil filter and oil by the same manufacturer. Makes me think it would work better together for some reason But I'm thinking the Mobil1 M1-110 and I'm moving my research over to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum synthetic - thanks Cookie Only thing is I have to drive 2 hours to get the filters, but... Got it figured out

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 52.3 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.8 mpg (Imp)