Thread: 2014 CVT replacement

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 CVT replacement

Looking to replace the CVT in my 2014 mirage. Going to get one from the junkyard, do I need To use a 2014 or can I use Any CVT from a mirage? Thanks

Depends on who you ask. Aparently there are 2 different part numbers for 2014, depending on the production date(according to Mitsubishi parts sites). If it's late model it should fit up to 2020. If it's an early production date then I dunno. A bunch of us have been wondering the exact same thing for years now. Physically they look the same to me. The cvt heat exchanger/coolers have different part numbers too.

When I need to replace mine I'll be trying whatever year is available.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrhine47 View Post
    Looking to replace the CVT in my 2014 mirage. Going to get one from the junkyard, do I need To use a 2014 or can I use Any CVT from a mirage? Thanks
    Whoa whoa whoa, how many miles did you get out of your original CVT? Did it straight up fail on you or is it limping along in D flashing mode?