Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mirage DE Bluetooth Question ... how to pair with phone?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 Mirage DE Bluetooth Question ... how to pair with phone?

Can anyone help me set up the Bluetooth in my 2014 Mirage DE? All the setup instructions I've seen say press the speech button and say setup then pairing options. Only there is no speech button in my car. To the left of my steering wheel there are three buttons. The left one is the ASC button. The middle one is blank (where i'm thinking the speech button should be). The right one is the phone button with a arrow up above it and an arrow down below it. If I hold the phone button for a few seconds, there's a beeping noise, but the interface is non-responsive to any verbal commands.

I was able to connect to the bluetooth through my phone rather than through the cars interface. However, music played from my phone doesn't come out of all four speakers and sounds horrible. I also made a phone call through the bluetooth and was heard loud and clear, so there is no problem with the microphone.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give. I can't find anything about this on the internet.

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Could you post a picture of your bluetooth controls? This is how mine look like:

Name:  IMAG2089.jpg
Views: 13668
Size:  96.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to R01k For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looks like this:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 14425
Size:  95.9 KB

Your left button is the speech button I'm talking about.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

This Handbook guides you

Here is a guide http://msales411.com/sites/default/f...2014Mirage.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bluetoothjohnny View Post
    Can anyone help me set up the Bluetooth in my 2014 Mirage DE? All the setup instructions I've seen say press the speech button and say setup then pairing options. Only there is no speech button in my car. To the left of my steering wheel there are three buttons. The left one is the ASC button. The middle one is blank (where i'm thinking the speech button should be). The right one is the phone button with a arrow up above it and an arrow down below it. If I hold the phone button for a few seconds, there's a beeping noise, but the interface is non-responsive to any verbal commands.

I was able to connect to the bluetooth through my phone rather than through the cars interface. However, music played from my phone doesn't come out of all four speakers and sounds horrible. I also made a phone call through the bluetooth and was heard loud and clear, so there is no problem with the microphone.

I'd appreciate any help anyone can give. I can't find anything about this on the internet.

Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It sounds like your Bluetooth is working like mine. Music plays through the front speakers and volume is controlled either through the phone volume control or by pushing and holding the up or down arrows on the dash control (which controls the volume through the phone). Double pressing the up or down arrows changes the track playing.

I have not found a way to access the dash Bluetooth through the radio controls.

In with my manuals was a small (3*5) Bluetooth manual. Maybe you have one hidden in the glove box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is like R01

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am confused! I just purchased a used (9700 miles on it) mirage today. It has nav and Bluetooth connectivity but I am perplexed by two things: my iPhone 4 won't connect or pair and the steering wheel doesn't have the controls at all. The sales guy of course isn't any help? As far as I know the nav works and there is Bluetooth on my phone but no controls on the steering wheel. Help! Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The DE models don't have the controls on the steering wheel. It'll be down and to the left of the wheel, as shown on the third post on this thread. You'll need to manually connect the two first by going into your phone's Bluetooth settings and entering the code. You can get the code by pressing and holding that phone button, which gives beeps for numbers. In my case, the code was 1, 2, 3, 4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cani Lupine For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cani, thank you for your reply but I still need help. My car doesn't have what picture 2 and 3 has but I was able to connect our cellphones. The problem is when I make a call, the person I'm calling can't seem to hear what I'm saying and I always end up pushing the "private" mode on the screen to talk directly on the cell phone. What is happening? How do I correct this issue. How can the receipient of the call hear me! Help!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had the problem you describe - make call - can hear other person - they can not hear me.

Dealer diagnosed it as a faulty mic in the navigation unit. Had to order a replacement unit, as the mic is built into the nav unit and is not available as a separate item.

Replacement unit works fine.