Thread: bluetooth phonebook

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

bluetooth phonebook

I have 2 phones - an older droid Samsung Galaxy Proclaim and a 2 yr old Flash Focus, a Windows 7.5 phone. I can't get the mobile phone book to import the contacts from either of these phones. Just what kind of phone do you need? Has anyone else been successful at this? Thanks...
    Jimmy

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't even get my phone to connect. I've had 3 people try and no success. The phone can see the car, but it won't do anything beyond that. Now, my phone is an older Samsung flip phone. Maybe the older phones just won't work like the newer smart phones.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    I can't even get my phone to connect. I've had 3 people try and no success. The phone can see the car, but it won't do anything beyond that. Now, my phone is an older Samsung flip phone. Maybe the older phones just won't work like the newer smart phones.
    The car has Bluetooth 2.0 which should be backwards compatible. However, sometimes Bluetooth devices are troublesome to connect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R01k View Post
    The car has Bluetooth 2.0 which should be backwards compatible. However, sometimes Bluetooth devices are troublesome to connect.

My phone connects to my wife's 2012 Honda Civic, and her phone connects to my Mirage. I even had people at the dealership try to get my phone to connect with no luck.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup, some phones are just funky like that. I made sure my phone can connect before I bought the car.