Thread: Australia 4-car review: Mirage, Micra, Alto, Up! (w/video - Drive/Canberra Times)

Australia 4-car review: Mirage, Micra, Alto, Up! (w/video - Drive/Canberra Times)

Here's a 4 car shoot-out from the Drive/motoring section of the Times. Reviewer Matt Campbell compares the pros & cons of the big contenders in the smal city car segment:

• Mirage
    • Suzuki Alto
    • Nissan Micra
    • VW Up

Never before have new-car buyers had it so good - and some of the best bargains can be had at the bottom end of the market.
    There's a video of the comparison as well, but I can't embed it directly here, so head to the Times site to view it (link below).

Mirage Pros:
    • well equipped
    • best warranty
    • most power & lightest weight

Cons:
    • handling: "not the sharpest thing to drive"
    • steering takes some getting used to
    • no center or rear seat stowage

In the end, it came down to a 2-horse race between the Mitsu and the VW, and the Mirage came out on top. It's not necessarily the best to drive (the VW is recommended for driving dynamics), but he reached his conclusion, saying (in the video):

In this segment, it's all about value, and the Mitsu Mirage can't be beaten in that regard... It's basically the best car you can buy for the money. And in this comparison test, it's a worthy winner.

Full review, video and photo gallery:
    http://canberratimes.drive.com.au/ne...301-2f9qq.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    excellent review Metro.. thanks

I was happy to find that one - it's quite the comparison test.

There's a video on the site as well, in case you didn't see it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Good find there Metro, Don't know how i missed it always searching around for Mirage stuff. That was a good comparison of those 4 cars.

Yeah - I was surprised I posted it before you did - I actually double-checked to make sure you hadn't beat me to it.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It's great we have a few peaple here surfing around the net as between us we should find most items on the Mirage that are worth sharing.