Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headlight mods? I am clueless!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Lightbulb Headlight mods? I am clueless!

I just bought my '14 Mirage SE yesterday, and am very happy with it... With one exception. The head and fog lights. I have tried to search the forum for answers but have come up dry, so here they are. I apologize if I just missed the proper threads.

Question 1:
    Will it be possible to put halo HID headlamps onto my car? Part 2 of that is I would love to get the LED lights around the headlights like I see on newer audi and other cars of their type.

Question 2:
    Best way to add a hard drive essentially to my car for music. The current entertainment system doesn't come with a touchscreen.

Question 3:
    More like asking for advice on the best way to tint my windows.

I know this should be in different parts of the forum, but once I started typing, it all kind of spilled out.

Also, any ideas on a name for my new vehicle would be appreciated!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconicwraith View Post
    Question 2:
    Best way to add a hard drive essentially to my car for music. The current entertainment system doesn't come with a touchscreen.
    You mean to connect a HDD to the USB port?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In theory should work, but will probably go with a large thumb drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's what I did. Unless you have an ungodly large music collection, a thumb drive should be enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is 3Tb ungodly large?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, HID headlamps must be available in other markets from the factory. There is a headlamp height adjuster next to the auto start-stop button and mirror controls.

TheRetrofitSource sells fantastic kits for putting proper HIDs in your stock housing. They self align and have prewired relay harnesses. Its what I plan on doing. I just want to get my hands on another set of OEM headlamps first so I can practice opening them up before I tear into my original ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't installing the HID bulbs in the stock housing run a risk of essentially melting the housing? Other than that, can you send me some info on what I am looking for?

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't installing the HID bulbs in the stock housing run a risk of essentially melting the housing? Other than that, can you send me some info on what I am looking for?
    I don't know about an automobile's housing, but on my old scooter, I installed an HID in place of the stock headlight and never had a problem with it melting anything. I did go with a 35 watt HID setup though instead of a 50 watt setup.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is 3Tb ungodly large?
    Compared to the average people, it is. I have 5000+ songs, but ignore the exact storage size because they are all in Google Music. What I did was put all the favorite ones in a 9GB thumb drive.

However, you'll want to check the USB files reading limitations on the manual before hooking a large drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

These aren't crap "HID kits" like what you get on eBay. It is a Bi-xenon HID retrofit using lots of OEM components.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...-3-kit-h1.html

It involves baking your headlamp in the oven and removing the lens to install the projector. They are equivalent to most OEM HID setups.