Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOps! FS: Someone bought a 5MT 2014 Mirage, now for sale 250 km later.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canoehead View Post
    I think maybe $1000 for rustproofing is a scam, but that the car sale is legit. It isn't that hard to get a repair history so the chances that it was seriously damaged in 250km aren't great.

Everyone knows a used car depreciates, especially when the new ones are so cheap. I'd be taking a hard look at this one if it were closer.
    It may be hard to get an accurate one. They have to be reported. I bought a neon with all signs of being tboned and worse and it had a clean carfax.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Easy way to find out if scam: ask if the thing has AC.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    BACKKSPACE I agree with you about the AC! I made that mistake once.I got a new Ford focus with NO AC When my wife found out Boy was I in the Dog house. I never heard the end of it.so I traded it in at the Frist place I could find.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Why would a person buy that one unless there were No sticks available? When you can buy a Brand new one for less then 12,000. And in some places in Canada you. An get one under 10,000
    Here in Canada, (Province of Manitoba) the price is $10k + fees + 13% sales taxes (8% provincial, 5% federal) = $13,900. On a private sale, at least in this Province, only 8% tax would apply. That's a pretty fair savings for an almost new car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)