Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I love the fact that the latches for the glove box are on both outboard sides of the glove box door instead of there being one latch right in the middle.

My glove box is always packed with crap, and having the latch in the center meant that something would ALWAYS get caught in the latch and prevent the glove box from staying closed.

I would, however, LOVE a glove box light...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-10-2021)

Car Guru
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I love the fact that the latches for the glove box are on both outboard sides of the glove box door instead of there being one latch right in the middle.

My glove box is always packed with crap, and having the latch in the center meant that something would ALWAYS get caught in the latch and prevent the glove box from staying closed.

I would, however, LOVE a glove box light...

I agree. After I recover from my foot surgery, I might look into adding a glove box light that automatically comes on when you open the glove box. I'm pretty positive I've got all of the parts needed laying around in one of my tool boxes. A universal door pin switch, about a 6" long LED strip light, and some wiring. Hmmmm, I guess this will be the next project I tackle, in a couple of months.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    For a similar situation on another vehicle, I found a battery powered, motion sensing, LED night light. This is an easily installed solution. Obviously, there will be some cost in replacing the batteries, although rechargeables would also work. The brand I got doesn't seem to be available any more though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Open the oil cap and you'll see a timing chain to the left.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Found a new nice feature. If you select reverse (with CVT anyway) and you have the rear wiper on lowest setting, it will wipe twice and then intermittedly.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RodeRoNL For This Useful Post:

debburyl (07-19-2015),fanfare (08-10-2021),MetroMPG (07-20-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks,, I didn't know that I'll have to try that!!! All these neat things on a cheeper priced car!!! We got a lot of neat things on our mirage!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    If you select reverse (with CVT anyway) and you have the rear wiper on lowest setting, it will wipe twice and then intermittedly.
    That's cool! Thanks for posting it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    I found two new quirks yesterday.
    1) When you make an emergency stop, all emergency indicator lights will flash at twice the original speed and will stop flashing after you release the brake pedal.
    2) If you stop the car in the dark with automatic lights on and off active and turn off the engine, the lights will only turn off when you open the driver's door at wich point the interior lights of course switch on. They will stay on after closing the door for about 10 seconds. So you are never completely in the dark...
    Last edited by RodeRoNL; 09-26-2015 at 11:34 AM.

We don't get the emergency stop lights in North America. Though I imagine it's there in the computer to be turned on if someone wants to.

Thread: Mirage has "Emergency Stop Signal" in some regions

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (09-26-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTransporter View Post
    you can distinguish if its a cvt or manual by looking at the lower grille of the front bumpers...
    Anyone know anything about this? I'm not sure it's true. Looking at a picture of mine and one of a CVT model, it doesn't look like there is a difference. If there is, you must have to get really close.