Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    I would do anything, anything at all to get rid of that beep. Dear God, what was Mitsubishi thinking?
    Hi, if you have Navi in your Mirage you can disable/modify the "over the speed limit warning" by going to settings/navigation settings/advance settings... I did it on mine... I know..it was very annoying. Hope it helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CESARG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is another one:
    If you have you headlights on and you turn off the engine they will turn off automatically after like two seconds.. If you start the car again, the lights will go back on.. I thing this is like an automatic light setting somehow..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CESARG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2016)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    While driving slowly in Suburbia with my stripped-naked MT 1.0L model without AS&G, I noticed that when I got off the gas approaching an intersection, without even applying the brakes, the voltage goes up considerably.

Did some measurements and some research in the electrical diagrams and found this out:
    The regulator of the alternator is also connected to the ECU. (Note: On most other cars, it is only connected to the battery and the red charging light.) Obviously, when when you take your foot off the gas with the clutch engaged and the engine running above idle speed, the alternator acts as an additional, albeit weak brake, and charges the battery stronger than it would normally do.

Why could this be?
    The battery gets charged a little more than usual whilst the engine is braking, thus there is less need to charge the well-charged battery when the engine resumes powering the vehicle forward. That saves a little bit of fuel, and contributes to the efficiency of the car.
    Last edited by foama; 05-03-2016 at 07:10 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

91cavgt (04-26-2016),Cleartec (04-27-2016),Daox (04-26-2016),Eggman (04-26-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CESARG View Post
    Here is another one:
    If you have you headlights on and you turn off the engine they will turn off automatically after like two seconds.. If you start the car again, the lights will go back on.. I thing this is like an automatic light setting somehow..
    Thanks! I remember reading this in my manual.

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    While driving slowly in Suburbia with my stripped-naked 1.0L model, I noticed that when I got off the gas approaching an intersection, the voltage goes up considerably.

Did some measurements and some research in the electrical diagrams and found this out:
    The regulator of the alternator is also connected to the ECU. (Note: On most other cars, it is only connected to the battery and the red charging light.) Obviously, when when you take your foot off the gas with the clutch engaged and the engine running above idle speed, the alternator acts as an additional, albeit weak brake, and charges the battery stronger than it would normally do.

Why could this be?
    The battery gets charged a little more than usual whilst the engine is braking, thus there is less need to charge the well-charged battery when the engine resumes powering the vehicle forward. That saves a little bit of fuel, and contributes to the efficiency of the car.
    I understand what you are describing here is part of the EU auto start/stop - lucky you! I wish this was available in US. Somewhere here I remember that the package includes an improved starter, improved alternator, and bigger battery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Foama, I seem to recall that 12-volt "regen" with a "smart" alternator was mentioned in the features of the Euro & Japanese spec Mirage/Space Star.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    EU space star(mirage) is indeed equipt with a stronger charging when braking

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Intense 1.2 manual: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Thanks! I remember reading this in my manual.

I understand what you are describing here is part of the EU auto start/stop - lucky you! I wish this was available in US. Somewhere here I remember that the package includes an improved starter, improved alternator, and bigger battery.
    Mine has no AS&G

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Mine has no AS&G
    Interesting. I'm wondering two potential options:
    1. AS&G somehow turned off??
    2. Regenerative braking enabled regardless of AS&G.

?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. I'm wondering two potential options:
    1. AS&G somehow turned off??
    2. Regenerative braking enabled regardless of AS&G.

?
    On this European 1.0L in stripped naked version, option 2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-27-2016)

Bikerfreind
    Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    As i have the AS&G version, and it's possible to turn off the functionality left below the steering wheel (there is a button to switch off AS&G. - In the same place, it's where you have the ability to fine-tune the light) i will try to see if i can feel a difference, when i deactivate the AS&G versus when it's on.. I will write a message back with my opinions

15. The Following User Says Thank You to uheym For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-27-2016)