Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I often listen to long mp3 podcasts from a memory stick plugged into the usb connection. Some of these are over an hour in length. It's really important that they pick up where they left off when I have to stop for a short time. Some times they pick up at the right place and some time they start over. This is a real pain. The fast forward is so slow... Has anyone found a way to make it work right every time?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.2 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThunderG For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-09-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderG View Post
    I often listen to long mp3 podcasts from a memory stick plugged into the usb connection. Some of these are over an hour in length. It's really important that they pick up where they left off when I have to stop for a short time. Some times they pick up at the right place and some time they start over. This is a real pain. The fast forward is so slow... Has anyone found a way to make it work right every time?
    For some reason, only just recently my Mirage stopped remembering the track that was left off, even though previously it was working fine. So every time the car was started it was playing the first track again which is really annoying. I ran out of ideas since all I had done was adding more music files into the USB device. I decided to try another USB device just to prove that I wasn't imagining things and it was working okay with the new device. So I copied everything to the new USB device and now the playback remembers the point where it was left off again.

Not sure what's wrong with the old USB device but it could be related to what you're experiencing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 48.1 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    My old Car didnt remember where it was due to too many tracks/folders,
    try keep below 100 folders and 255 tracks/folders per folder?

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    As some else said more recently, it is in the manual. Here are the instructions:

1. Put the operation mode in OFF.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the LOCK button in step 3.

One chime, all doors and the liftgate will unlock;
    Two chimes, driver’s door only.

The answerback when you lock your doors through the fob can also be set. Also straight from the manual:
    Each time the answerback function is set, a chime will sound to tell you the condition of the answerback function.

One chime: The horn will not sound.
    Two chimes: The horn will sound.
    Four chimes: The horn will sound if the LOCK button is pressed twice within 1 second.

1. Remove the key from the ignition switch.
    2. Open the driver’s door and turn the combination headlights and dimmer switch to the “OFF” position.
    3. Press the LOCK button (1) for 4 to 10 seconds and press the UNLOCK button (2) during this time.
    4. Release in sequence the UNLOCK and LOCK buttons within 10 seconds of pressing the UNLOCK button in step 3.
    Don't work ....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    didn't work for me either...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    No way! Very cool.

I read the manual cover to cover and I'm sure it doesn't mention that. How'd you find out?

The Toyota Echo had something like that as well. Not sure if the current Yaris does or not.
    yes (own a 2007 yaris)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As I don't have a shop manual I'm not certain about this one, but it appears that my US 2014 Mirage ES with FAST key has no steering lock.

I've never owned a keyless start car before, but it seems like a good idea. If I have a key, and I want to turn the engine off while I'm moving, I know how to avoid locking the steering, but this would be much harder to do with a start/stop button.

Plus if I ever tow it 4 wheels down, I won' have to leave any key in it.

If I pull the blank plug that covers the hole where the mechanical key would have gone, then I can see the slot in the steering column where the lock would have engaged.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    When using the intermittent function of the windshield wipers, the wipers sweep more frequently when you go over about 38 mph.
    For example, when you have them set to their fastest setting, below about 38 mph there is a slight pause between wipes. Over 38 mph there is no delay, it is just like you have the wipers on the low setting.
    I'll confirm this and add that when you select the 2nd most frequent intermittent setting it will go to continuous once you go over 60mph.

Who's going to be first to find the speeds at which the 3rd and 4th settings become continuous!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, my 014 De does the same thing. The wipers does it if you have it on intermittent and its lightly raining and if it starts raining harder the wipers will speed up on Thir own and then slow done when the rain lets up. That's a PLUS for our Great Mirage!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Yes, my 014 De does the same thing. The wipers does it if you have it on intermittent and its lightly raining and if it starts raining harder the wipers will speed up on Thir own and then slow done when the rain lets up.
    That's not the same thing.

91cavgt and I are reporting this effect based on road speed, and you're saying that happens if it rains harder. I'm not seeing that, and while that would happen with rain sensing wipers, I didn't think they were available on US Mirages. Maybe you have a UK spec Mirage.