Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Then they did something wrong bud. That key should've been able to program it. Is there only one dealership near you?
    I would have to go to Indianapolis (65 miles south) or Chicago to find a "reputable" Mitsubishi dealer. I'm assuming the key was either defective, or a counterfeit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I didn't want to say that, but I have done this on many remote car starters that I installed with transponder keys... or even put the whole key behind the shroud by the cylinder. I then had them just buy cheap blanks.
    Now there's an Idea I could run with. But, I would want to make sure I have at least one good key, just in case the chip gets lost.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That is the key style that came with my late year production '17.

I also have an uncut unprogrammed triangular style key that I bought from Ebay guaranteed to work for $45. And the two triangular style keys that came with my '14.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My drivers side window no longer goes auto up and down - do you think they deprogrammed it during the recent recall?
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    My drivers side window no longer goes auto up and down - do you think they deprogrammed it during the recent recall?
    More than likely, it's just the cold weather. Although I've had no problems with the auto up/down on my Mirage, my old Trailblazer has auto down that often will not work in cod weather, but works just fine when the weather warms up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    Just go through the relearn process and it'll sort itself out.

See thread: Window problem

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (01-28-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Just go through the relearn process and it'll sort itself out.

See thread: Window problem
    That worked great! Thanks
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Here’s a interesting quirk for Mirage’s with a CVT and cruise control: With cruise control activated cruising let’s say at 60 mph. You are coming down a hill and your speed increases due to the incline. If you hit the brakes to slow down, cruise is disengaged. If you downshift into “B” using engine braking (yes, you can downshift into B at 60mph, rpms hold steady about 4k) cruise control does NOT cancel. In fact, throttle will be applied in “B” if your speed drops below your cruise speed. Simply upshift into “D” when your speed is reduced and you don’t have to reset your cruise control.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-01-2018),MetroMPG (04-01-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Every cruise control vehicle I ever owned with an automatic transmission works that way. The cruise control will only disengage when you touch the brakes, but remains fully engaged when you shift down. I've used that "trait" to maintain my speed on downgrades. I suspect it would work on a manual transmission if you're skillful enough to shift down WITHOUT using the clutch (most experienced truckers do this, to reduce wear and tear on the clutch).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    Every cruise control vehicle I ever owned with an automatic transmission works that way. The cruise control will only disengage when you touch the brakes, but remains fully engaged when you shift down. I've used that "trait" to maintain my speed on downgrades. I suspect it would work on a manual transmission if you're skillful enough to shift down WITHOUT using the clutch (most experienced truckers do this, to reduce wear and tear on the clutch).
    To add to that though shifting into neutral disengages cruise control (if a person was trying to hypermile going down hills).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)