Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Do you have a key ignition or the FAST system with push button start? If you have the FAST system You could lock all the doors once your inside the car before you start it. Start the car, remove the door key from the FAST fob. Leave the FAST key fob in the vehicle. Manually unlock the drivers door and exit the vehicle. Then you just use the key to manually unlock the passenger door, manually lock the drivers door from the passengers side and then manually lock the passenger door with the key. When you’re ready to go, unlock the passenger door with the key, unlock the drivers door manually, enter the vehicle, put the key back in the FAST fob and away you go.
    I do not have the FAST system. In fact, my car came with only ONE working key! My efforts to get a second working key, without spending $300+, have proved expensively fruitless...I'm going to have to spend the big bucks to get one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    I do not have the FAST system. In fact, my car came with only ONE working key! My efforts to get a second working key, without spending $300+, have proved expensively fruitless...I'm going to have to spend the big bucks to get one.
    In that case just have a regular key cut that will lock the door manually. The car will be running with the chipped key in the ignition.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    In that case just have a regular key cut that will lock the door manually. The car will be running with the chipped key in the ignition.
    That's basically what I'm stuck with now; it's just not as convenient as using a remote, especially when the wind is howling and it's 20 below zero.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What does your key remote look like?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    What does your key remote look like?
    Name:  My Key.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  13.7 KB
    It looks like the above.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stecoop View Post
    Name:  My Key.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  13.7 KB
    It looks like the above.
    Why not buy that key off Ebay for $100 and have it programmed to your car, which in the end will not cost $300 total?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Why not buy that key off Ebay for $100 and have it programmed to your car, which in the end will not cost $300 total?
    I bought that key off e-bay, had a local locksmith cut it to match my existing key (for free!), and took it to my local Mitsy dealer to have it programmed to my car; after more than an hour of effort, the technician said the programming system would not recognize the key - the remote portion works, they key works in the door lock, and turns in the ignition switch, but it will not start the car. The e-bay seller gave me a $50 refund on the key. So, I now have a second remote for my car, but still have only ONE key that will start it. A very expensive attempt. My local Mitsy dealer quoted me $195 for a blank key, $10 for cutting, and $55 for programming...$260 plus sales tax.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Then they did something wrong bud. That key should've been able to program it. Is there only one dealership near you?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can the transponder Be removed from a working key and glued near the switch so a cut key will work?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman1 View Post
    Can the transponder Be removed from a working key and glued near the switch so a cut key will work?
    I didn't want to say that, but I have done this on many remote car starters that I installed with transponder keys... or even put the whole key behind the shroud by the cylinder. I then had them just buy cheap blanks.

(blank signature)