Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I knew that you can have the headlights on all the time and they shut off on their own when you turn off the car but didn't know you needed to open the door for them to turn off.(if that makes sense) Clearly me lives under rock too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eiriksmil View Post
    Comfort mode turn signals, auto up/down driver's window switch and auto stop on the power window when it hits something is new to you? What rocks have you guys been hiding under the past decades?
    I think that's a whole lot of goodies in one of the lowest priced cars one can buy. I think it's great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.8 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a '73 Saab 99 that would turn the headlights off when the car was turned off, thus allowing them to be left on all the time without worrying about a dead battery. Brilliant, simple idea. No, I don't recall what needed to be done if one wanted to turn on the lights when the key was in the off position, though I can't recall ever needing to do this in over 40 years of driving. In any event, I was happy Mirage can do that too. That and allow starting and opening the door without removing the key from your pocket. Love those 2 features.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One nice thing about the headlight feature is that if you WANT the lights to stay on when you get out all you have to do is recycle the headlight switch after shutting the engine off.

This temporarily cancels the auto-off feature.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

bolo (09-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I've been living under a rock called a base model 1998 Pontiac Firefly. (Chevrolet Metro/Suzuki Swift)
    Me too, except mine was a 2007 Toyota Yaris base model which had none of these cool features and before that a 1991 Geo Metro XFI which was really bare bones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 46.7 mpg (US) ... 19.9 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.1 mpg (Imp)