Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Mirage Quirks!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

One man's quirk is another man's feature

Thanks for all the comments in this thread. I was going to mention to the dealer that the interval wipers were behaving funny in the rain at high speed, but it turn out to be a feature. Neat!

Noticed the auto-signal when the turn-signal stalk is tapped, and found that there is a grace period after the ignition is off when you can still use the power windows.

I just leave the lights on - low beams, of course, unless highs are called for - all the time, day or night. As I am exiting the car, I turn off the ignition and unbuckle my safety belt, and when I open the car door they go off automatically. When I enter the car and turn on the ignition they come on again.

I like this car.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clh333 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-17-2017),fanfare (08-11-2021),fc321 (07-19-2017)

Country
    South Africa
    Thanks
    this is for highway driving so you don't leave your turn signal on...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 56.5 mpg (US) ... 24.0 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 67.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, has anyone noticed that when you roll up the driver side electric window you only have to simply pull/click it up once and the it automatically goes up? You don't have to hold the button in the up position. Only works for the driver side window and I am not sure if its this way on a '14 or '15 as I have a '17.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dabullfrog91 For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabullfrog91 View Post
    Okay, has anyone noticed that when you roll up the driver side electric window you only have to simply pull/click it up once and the it automatically goes up? You don't have to hold the button in the up position. Only works for the driver side window and I am not sure if its this way on a '14 or '15 as I have a '17.
    Yes, one touch up and down for the driver's window has been a standard power windows feature across all model years

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

fanfare (08-11-2021)

Country
    South Africa
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurdents View Post
    oh oh ... i have one. If you don't fully engage the turn signals, but instead just bump them up or down, you get exactly 3 flashes in the direction you bumped it. Not sure if this is a normal car thing, or if i'm just used to driving craigslist special cars.
    Yes it is its to indicate you changing lanes like high way ect most cars have it
    One day my blue eye girl will go stutututu

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I rolled the driver window up on auto with my visor out the window and it automatically reversed, then doesn't allow you to roll it up again without hitting "down" first.

I tried this in manual hold the button mode but there's no safety when using the button not auto-up

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    I rolled the driver window up on auto with my visor out the window and it automatically reversed, then doesn't allow you to roll it up again without hitting "down" first.

I tried this in manual hold the button mode but there's no safety when using the button not auto-up
    How did you have your visor out the window?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What do you mean how? I grabbed it with my hand and moved it into the position where it sticks out of the window when its rolled down. Try the feature... Its amazingly light to the touch, as to not wreck the cardboard visor, probably

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Comfort mode turn signals, auto up/down driver's window switch and auto stop on the power window when it hits something is new to you? What rocks have you guys been hiding under the past decades?

I've been living under a rock called a base model 1998 Pontiac Firefly. (Chevrolet Metro/Suzuki Swift)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-27-2017),fanfare (08-11-2021),Fummins (09-27-2017)