Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Out-of-spec camber actually in-spec?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree but my guess is that they would just advise to keep rotating the tires.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I now have a TAC (Technical Assistance Center) case on my mirage about the out of spec rear toe.

They said this is the first complaint/case on this issue! My collegue who called (he is an official Mitsu tech so he talked to them) told him that is interesting because the only other mirage that we hooked up to the alignment machine,is also 0.5 degrees out of specs on rear toe however only on one side.(we saved the printout).

My mirage now has a pretty ugly tire noise at 50-55 MPH coming from the rear. I guess rotating the tires would hide the issue but I refuse to do that,simply because I will not put the perfectly good front tires to the back just to get chewed up.

The point is that it is well out of specs and there is no way to fix it without some drastic action like bending the rear beam or something crazy.

Being a dealership tech I know that this also freaks out the person doing the aligments because you will have a red (out of spec) printout,and it is usually a time consuming hassle to call technical assistance to open a TAC case so no tech wants to do it.
    (we do not get paid for administrative work so you are at work but not making a dime while calling)

I am pretty sure it is not only my mirage and the other one we checked plus one forum member here with this issue.

Like I said tire rotation will mask the issue so even as the miles are getting driven on the mirages they may never have enough complaints to do something about it.

I will wait a little to see if they get back with us on this or not. If not,I will catch the mitsu rep next time he comes to our dealership and b!tch up a storm to him to see what happens.
    Last edited by 3dplane; 11-01-2014 at 12:29 AM. Reason: ohh the foul language

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3dplane For This Useful Post:

fifteenwindow (11-01-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Let's hope something gets done!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)