Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: DIY: Front speaker replacement

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    1. Not worth it, you need a new head unit (know from experience). The stock system actually works pretty well with the stock speakers, even though the speakers are only whizzer cones. Completely embarrasses the systems of Subarus and Toyotas in my family.

2. You can fit them without modifying the triangle space if the speakers are narrow enough. You'll need to drill holes to mount them, of course.

Country
    South Africa
    Thanks
    What is the size off the speakers you have used.... Is it the 6 1/2inch as referenced??
    One day my blue eye girl will go stutututu

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    I only switched the front speakers, but left the back ones. I found this to be a happy medium as the highs are now more brilliant coming out of the front, but I found that the stock speakers are better with the lows.

The new Fosgate Punch speakers on the front seem more efficient because I don't need the volume turned up as high to get the same amount of volume, so I have faded the speakers more towards the back to get the proper balance. Now the back speakers provide the lows whilst the front provide crisper mids & highs for a proper all around balance. I'm actually gad I kept the stock speakers in the back for the lows, though in the future I might consider installing a woofer, I just don't know where I would fit one o a tiny Mirage. XD

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)