Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the clock... what's up? (not keeping accurate time)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    From the comments, some clocks are good and some aren't. Talking to the service people at my dealer, they have reported the problem to Mitsubishi. It seems that Mitsubishi will only act if they get sufficient complaints about the problem. Please complain to your dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 46.4 mpg (US) ... 19.7 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Re: 0-60 time

It took me a minute, but I see what you did there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Mine runs fast too, whether it's warm or cold out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haven't changed my clock for about a year and now its at nearly 30 minutes ahead.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I forgot about this thread..
    The clock issue was resolved on the 2017 models. Mine shows same time as cellular network. Of course it required a 1.5" square plastic box sticky taped to the dash to get it done.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The last time I adjusted my clock was for Daylight Savings Time on March 12th of this year. DST ends in three days. During this time my clock has gained exactly 00:05:30. Five minutes, thirty seconds. From what I am reading here, that ain't bad.

That works out to about 40 seconds a month, or a bit over a second a day. I am a watch-and-clock nerd (I have hundreds of them), and I can tell you this amount of drift is out of normal specs for a quartz timekeeper...even a really cheap one. A normal quartz movement should be within about +/- 15-20 seconds per month.

Seems the error on these is always that they run fast. This is preferable to running slow, since the net result is that you think it is a bit later than it is. Thus, you arrive early.

Honestly, I never use the clock in my dash. I always have a watch on, my cellphone is handy, and there is a hyper-accurate clock in the back of my dash camera. Plus, I prefer to see the data displayed for the radio (channel, song title, track #, etc).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I am a watch-and-clock nerd (I have hundreds of them)
    It's easy to collect watches. After years of not owning a watch, my recent involvement started with a cheap Timex that would gain exactly one minute overnight (strange - the second hand would always be spot on.) I took it back and got a Seiko. Now I have a couple of solar Seiko watches. They are nice and surprisingly accurate timekeepers.

My favorite was the Casio Data Bank. I wish Casio made a version where it's database could be managed by USB, and even allow storage, music playback, etcetera. Now 'smart' watches have far surpassed the simple functionality of the Databank.

While in the service we would tune in NIST WWV by shortwave to synchronize our watches as we traversed time zones.

I worked for a company who provided commercial time equipment, such as time clocks and master/slave clock systems. It was fun to work on that stuff, but has been largely abandoned for other synchronized timekeeping systems. I really enjoyed working on tower clocks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It's easy to collect watches. After years of not owning a watch, my recent involvement started with a cheap Timex that would gain exactly one minute overnight (strange - the second hand would always be spot on.) I took it back and got a Seiko. Now I have a couple of solar Seiko watches. They are nice and surprisingly accurate timekeepers.

My favorite was the Casio Data Bank. I wish Casio made a version where it's database could be managed by USB, and even allow storage, music playback, etcetera. Now 'smart' watches have far surpassed the simple functionality of the Databank.

While in the service we would tune in NIST WWV by shortwave to synchronize our watches as we traversed time zones.

I worked for a company who provided commercial time equipment, such as time clocks and master/slave clock systems. It was fun to work on that stuff, but has been largely abandoned for other synchronized timekeeping systems. I really enjoyed working on tower clocks.
    I am a MAJOR Seiko nerd. They comprise the bulk of my watch collection, and I have been collecting them since 2002. I specialize in vintage, like this "Speed-Timer" automatic chronograph from 1972. These were sold only in Japan. As with most things, the Japanese save their best for themselves!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-03-2017),Eggman (11-03-2017),inuvik (11-03-2017)