Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealer oil change prices

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Dealer oil change prices

Hi, getting an oil change done soon, just wanted to ask what are your average prices for a mirage oil change. For my dealer they charge $70, apparently the dealer says because it's synthetic they charge that high. Even though it is synthetic, the car only takes about 3 quarts right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got mine changed about two weeks ago it ended up being 53 dollars after parts labor and taxes at the dealership in las vegas

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine was $38.00 at my dealer I may have just got lucky.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by empg View Post
    Hi, getting an oil change done soon, just wanted to ask what are your average prices for a mirage oil change. For my dealer they charge $70, apparently the dealer says because it's synthetic they charge that high. Even though it is synthetic, the car only takes about 3 quarts right?
    LMAO - can the service writer tell you that with a straight face??

Seriously, the highest price synthetic I can get my hands on is Amsoil's top synthetic formulation, their Signature Series..it's only about $12 a quart. To get the levels just right, it's actually a bit more than 3 quarts, probably more like 3.25 quarts..so let's say $40 for an Amsoil SS oil change. For such a fast service as an oil change, I can't see how the labor would be $30.

But let's be honest here. I doubt the oil they use for their oil changes is the best they can get. And let's say it is, they wouldn't be paying by the quart pricing on it like us normal consumers. That's just train robbery dude.

-Charlie-

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Wow !
    This is probably the only thread where being in Canada is paying off..

My dealer in Thunder Bay, ON gives me a ride back to work when I drop my car, changes my oil (recommended synthetic), washes and dries my car, then picks me up again for under $50.00.
    (Jiffy lube charges $42.00 (no wash) and they told me to go to the dealership)
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Napa has Synthetic on sale for $3.79/quart and a filter is $3.

$15 and 15 minutes to change it yourself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went ahead and did the oil change, it's funny that the service rep was pushing me to pay for a 15,000 mile service that cost $350! They also told me that I should change the oil every 6000 or less miles even though the manual says otherwise.Name:  oil.jpg
Views: 1455
Size:  83.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    To get the levels just right, it's actually a bit more than 3 quarts, probably more like 3.25 quarts..so let's say $40 for an Amsoil SS oil change.
    In my experience, 3.2 quarts of oil fills the Mirage up to max, while 3.0 puts you in the acceptable range. I usually do 3.0 simply because its easy to get three of the one quart bottles.

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just had my LOF at the local dealer. I was charged 57.38. The 0w synthetic was 6.75 per unit (the bill doesn't say quarts just units). I was charged for 5 units.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How much are they saying a unit is? I would ask how they are getting 5 units iut if only 3 quarts. Sounds like they are ripping you off to me.