Thread: TTAC Junkyard Find: 1979 Plymouth Champ (Mirage/Colt), with Twin-Stick!

TTAC Junkyard Find: 1979 Plymouth Champ (Mirage/Colt), with Twin-Stick!

Anyone wanting to reminisce about the old Mirage/Colt/various Chrysler-badged twins:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...mp-twin-stick/

Ah, the magical twin-stick!

I test-drove a bright yellow one (used) a long time ago and almost bought it. Thought the dual range manual was fun.

The current Mirage could use the same thing. Gearing for acceleration/climbing or gearing for fuel economy? You choose!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    We have that.
    It's called CVT
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the memories of the tan '81 2 door with the twin stick we had . That was the 1.6 ltr. . It's my second favorite all time car of owning . Had a roof rack as well .

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar with twin stick, but there were a whole range of add-on transmissions for the For 9N tractor that allowed high, regular, and low range X the three regular gears. That would be a great thing for a car, but unlikely in this world. Personally, I just want to see a higher 5th gear or a 6th gear added.

In the video, it is interesting how the dash board goes up to catch the dummy's head. I'd want to pad that a little (or have some airbags!)

Last edited by Canoehead; 10-18-2014 at 10:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.0 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.1 mpg (Imp)