Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Quaife LSD? (Any interest in limited slip differential group buy?)

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    93
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    If you can work out payment plans with them, I'll probably be able to justify it to myself to make the investment. I think it is no contest, an LSD completely transforms any open differential hum drum machine to a metal box of fun.


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)


  2. #12
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    If you can work out payment plans with them, I'll probably be able to justify it to myself to make the investment. I think it is no contest, an LSD completely transforms any open differential hum drum machine to a metal box of fun.
    This is true. It is also why I'm pushing for this to happen. Plus when serious mods become available for cars, people start to take notice. Especially since the Mirage ticks so many of the right boxes with the current future of automobiles. Small car tuning is popular in the Asias and some of Europe. North America will definitely benefit from this movement.

    Also, have you guys thought of credit solutions for purchasing the LSD? I mean a line of credit with low interest rates would make a $1000-1500~ purchase manageable over a longer period of time.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Either way, I've sent an email to Quaife about possible payment solutions, and I've even asked if they could join in on the forum and thread to chime in and get more involved. Hopefully he joins and we can iron something out to make this happen.

  4. #14
    Senior Member satria_wr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jakarta
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 75 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    Nevermind, I found it.....in my own post. F5MBD.
    M/T only?
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Suzuki Raider 150R Black SE
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium PowerShift 6-speed PB
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  5. #15
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satria_wr View Post
    M/T only?
    Considering that all I have to work with is a M/T and asking for an A/T LSD would result in the need of another 10 units produced for that set up, yes. Unless someone wants to push for that agenda as well, I personally am focused on the M/T.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Alright, forgot to post an update yesterday but.......Quaife will charge us full cost if we do anywhere under 10 units, and the require all of the funds upfront as with normal online ordering before they make the tooling and such to produce the parts. So I will try to extend this to other Mirage websites. The 10 units are not restricted to any one country, but we all have to order from the same seller. I'm talking straight to the guy from Quaife who also works through Motovicity so I think he would be the best source.

    I will be joining other Mirage/Mitsubishi forums to see who else wants in, but please, if anyone is part of another forum involved with Mirages then please share the thread link and let's see what happens. All we need is 10. So far we have 2 for sure. If we get the 10, I'm going straight to Mitsubishi to buy the stock manual differential and mailing it to Quaife ASAP as soon as we are all confirmed as paid.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Also, I'm going to head back to Mitsu to compare the diff part numbers between the auto and manual boxes. Hopefully Mitsu was so cheap that they shared the designs between both. :P

  8. #18
    Senior Member satria_wr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jakarta
    Country
    Indonesia
    Posts
    264
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 75 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RalliArt_Mirage View Post
    Also, I'm going to head back to Mitsu to compare the diff part numbers between the auto and manual boxes. Hopefully Mitsu was so cheap that they shared the designs between both. :P
    Name:  Differential Part.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  96.6 KB
    Name:  Differential.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  94.3 KB
    Thats the M/T parts.

    Can't get the CVT ones since ASA only shows as one whole parts.
    2013 Honda Vario CBS VB
    2014 Suzuki Raider 150R Black SE
    2014 Mitsubishi Mirage CVT EGM
    2014 Ford Ecosport Titanium PowerShift 6-speed PB
    2013 Proton Preve CFE CVT PW
    2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport PX CVT PW
    2016 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Dakar AT TGM Limited

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage Exceed 1.2 automatic: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)


  9. #19
    Car Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Waco, Texas
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    632
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
    For those that are not familiar with Quaife Limited Slip Differentials, I have some first hand knowledge on them. I got one installed in my old 2003 SRT-4 (factory turbocharged Dodge Neon). My car was not stock at all, and put out a significant amount of power. I raced the car in just about every kind of racing there is.

    With the stock open differential, it was VERY easy to spin the inside front tire in a corner. Because of this, I pretty much had to wait till I was on a straight before I could floor the gas. Straight line acceleration was never a problem due to the wide tires I had on the car (215/45/17).

    After I got the Quaife LSD installed, I was able to get on the gas a LOT sooner and the car was able to put the power down to the ground. Once I installed racing slick tires, I was able to REALLY accelerate a LOT sooner, especially on low speed corners. It totally changed the characteristics of the car in the corners. I never saw a difference in straight line acceleration. It did however save my hind end one day though when a CV joint broke while I was 150 miles from home. The Quaife LSD allowed me to slowly drive home instead of having to call a tow truck.


    I bought it back in 2004 for $1300. It was worth every penny and it is what helped me to have the fastest privately owned SRT-4 at the 2004 SRT National meet on the road course.
    Certified holder of useless car knowledge.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Rival Autosport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Brampton, On
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 91cavgt View Post
    For those that are not familiar with Quaife Limited Slip Differentials, I have some first hand knowledge on them. I got one installed in my old 2003 SRT-4 (factory turbocharged Dodge Neon). My car was not stock at all, and put out a significant amount of power. I raced the car in just about every kind of racing there is.

    With the stock open differential, it was VERY easy to spin the inside front tire in a corner. Because of this, I pretty much had to wait till I was on a straight before I could floor the gas. Straight line acceleration was never a problem due to the wide tires I had on the car (215/45/17).

    After I got the Quaife LSD installed, I was able to get on the gas a LOT sooner and the car was able to put the power down to the ground. Once I installed racing slick tires, I was able to REALLY accelerate a LOT sooner, especially on low speed corners. It totally changed the characteristics of the car in the corners. I never saw a difference in straight line acceleration. It did however save my hind end one day though when a CV joint broke while I was 150 miles from home. The Quaife LSD allowed me to slowly drive home instead of having to call a tow truck.


    I bought it back in 2004 for $1300. It was worth every penny and it is what helped me to have the fastest privately owned SRT-4 at the 2004 SRT National meet on the road course.
    Thanks for the review bro. Just reinforces why I chose Quaife. Plus I personally find the Quaife reacts quicker than most other LSDs and they have that no break-in period thing.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •