Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Valve adjustment info found under hood (Periodic valve adjustement required?)

Does not compute.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I know you aren't a bot, but you act just like a bot... no human would post what you just did and continue to stand on this island of futility you have landed on... truly fascinating.
    I'm confused?

Does that mean the movie for this may be canceled?

Is there a test for brake light bulb brightness, I want to make sure my bulbs aren't becoming worn out so my engine lasts longer. Asking for a friend.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-03-2024),twister77 (01-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,035 Posts
    Yes there is. It follows MIL-STDs, is robust, and requires specialized equipment.

Which implies that YES, you still want to know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I try not to follow STD's.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know you aren't a bot, but you act just like a bot... no human would post what you just did and continue to stand on this island of futility you have landed on... truly fascinating.
    Basic - I did laugh my ass off at your reply above. It interrupted a phone call I was on. It extended my phone call, subsequently you costed my company probably around $243 for that few seconds delay. Anywho...

I'm still inline with sunbeam's mindset ... even if I'm acting a fool too.

Sunbeam, we're having a bit of fun at your expense. But noone here is trying to piss you off. We're just cutting up. Only because what you are considering is being viewed from a totally different spectrum.

However, I sense you have a bit of similar character as me. I have some amount of OCD. But only for specific things. Not enough to send me off the deep end on those issues. I would imagine you may be similar like that as well. I'd like to check and ensure all these valve clearances are nominal, or on the "tight" side. But I ainta gonna bother with it. My car runs like a Swiss watch. No sense in me F'n it up, trying to make it better.

The point of all the "funnin'" with you about this is, is that, it is NO WHERE NEAR WORTH the trouble in even checking valve clearance, unless you are hearing a distinct tick, or are suffering some kind of severe side-effect from valve clearance out of spec.

It is feasible, that unless you have a lot of experience, paired with some really good tools, and also paired with having a significant amount of time to be able to absorb the downtime of your car, that you may find every single clearance out of spec on your engine. Or you may not, but it is possible for various reasons. And you may go through the severe trouble replacing shims to EXACTLY what would bring your car to be perfectly within spec ... and yet see no gain / no improvement out of any of your labor.

Indirectly, we're telling you to, "fugettaboutit...." Find something more lucrative to spend your time considering. Like rear axle alignment, or how friggin stupid the CONTROLS are for the auto-climate crap, or how to make your car color look more blue. Those issues are more important.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-03-2024),Fummins (01-04-2024),inuvik (01-03-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I wouldn't mind seeing someone try it. Should be fun.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-03-2024 at 11:24 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not from the VW world because VW's have real adjusters , but from the Motorcycle world, you can ""Mix & Match"" buckets. If you need, check all the ones that are out of spec as you may be able to move the buckets around & use the ones from a "tight" valve to fix a "Loose" valve & etc. It can be time consuming but you may get everything in spec if your really lucky without ordering a lot of parts.... Just thoughts...
    Last edited by klroger; 01-04-2024 at 01:31 AM.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did this procedure on a 1995 Kawasaki ZX6-R racebike. It was easier because the engine was more exposed. Easier to dig that deep. I did find one out of tolerance. Got a shim from the local dealer, swapped it, got it all back together. Never noticed a difference. The engine always ran GREAT.