Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopeful Mirage owner in Houston

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hopeful Mirage owner in Houston

Hey everyone, I'm strongly considering buying a 2015 Mirage DE with 5 speed. If it was totally up to me I would own it right now, but my wife is still on the fence about it. I'll be trading a 03 Jeep Liberty Renegade that gets 14.5 mpg. Never saw about 20 mpg in the 3 years I have owned it...

Mostly the Mirage will be used for me and my family to commute to and from work. The wife and I both teach at the same school, my son catches a bus from our school to his school and my daughter attends the day care at our school. My wife and I also own a 2013 Chrysler Town & Country fully loaded for our longer road trips and pop up camper towing duties. Surprisingly, with my driving style I average about 21 mpg around town. When my wife drives it, it goes down to about 18 mpg around town.

The goal is to get a basic vehicle for all of use to drive the 13 miles to work and 13 miles back while getting great mpg and to save the miles on the van. We already have 38k miles on a 2013 van.

Welcome, DougFam.

I'm curious what's keeping your wife on the fence -- the car itself or something else?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    She's always like this when we buy a new vehicle... Takes her a couple of weeks to warm up to the idea.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Buy one, you wont regret it! Great MPGS

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i just bought my car on Halloween i have been getting 41 to 42 mpg with 16 inch rims i love it and my kids and wife love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
    i just bought my car on Halloween i have been getting 41 to 42 mpg with 16 inch rims i love it and my kids and wife love it.
    That is great! What color did u get?

Quote Originally Posted by axeldsm1 View Post
    And if the 16 inch wheels have a larger circumference than stock, your actual mileage may be better than what's showing owing to the lower odometer reading.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20141105_065003091.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  86.5 KB this picture was taking after i filled up for 19 bucks lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20141031_121353682.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  92.9 KB this is a picture when i bought the car i have different rims ,hids,tuner lugs and i change all the bulbs to leds. i am going on the 11th to get my fog lights installed that the dealership owes me and i am ordering the bumper extensions. oh i also order rsr springs lol DOUG YOU REALLY NEED TOO BUY ONE YOU WONT REGRET IT SO WORTH IT !!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took my wife for a test drive this weekend. She liked it, but still isn't on board for getting such a "small" car. It might be small on the outside, but it has more legroom than my Jeep liberty. I cannot believe how many bad reviews there are on this car. I don't think they take into consideration the price and are comparing it to much more expensive vehicles.