Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SATISFACTION Carbon Chamber Air Intake System for Mitsubishi Mirage/Space Star

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool SATISFACTION Carbon Chamber Air Intake System for Mitsubishi Mirage/Space Star

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231381784199...199%26_rdc%3D1

i don't know if anyone seen this or tried it out yet

2. The Following User Says Thank You to axeldsm1 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-07-2014)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Sounds like diarrhea jk

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    lol that thing intake uses gimmick to justify it's over price. That "carbon fiber" shield isn't doing anything. Your engine will always be drawing air from the engine bay, and it will be warm/hot air depending on your movement and OAT. That cover won't do anything, and seeing as the engine is a pump.. they actually created more resistance by putting a venturi into the intake path, and putting that "vacuum inducing aero"- your engine creates vacuum, not the plastic cover lol. Expect to see decreased TQ and MPG when using that intake. That's 1 step away from the intake with a computer fan built into it.

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey I have absolutely nothing against modding a vehicle. In the 70's we added Radios installed glass pac mufflers, and all kinds of oddities! But always on a used car, meaning doesn't modding a new car void the warranty?

Yes in the 70's means I'm getting older my first car was a '69 Ford Mustang 302 8cyl. I never even checked the gas mileage as gas was 39.9 CENTS per gallon then!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a k&n panel filter on its way to my house. I just put this here to let people know there is a short ram intake out there to buy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    doesn't modding a new car void the warranty?

Modding a new car does not void the warranty, unless the modifications cause the failure of the component. See the aftermarket parts and modifications section of edmunds for a pretty clear explanation http://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty...-warranty.html Obviously if you put a turbo and intercooler on a 74HP car and destroy your tranny or burn up your engine due to too much pressure or incorrect A/F settings, you are not going to get a warranty replacement. An intake or exhaust mod and upgraded shocks, struts, wheels etc will not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just got a 15 Mirage this week. I want to put a cold or cooler air intake on the car. Suggestions? Is there something out there to buy? I'm interested. thank you!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Trail70 View Post
    I just got a 15 Mirage this week. I want to put a cold or cooler air intake on the car. Suggestions? Is there something out there to buy? I'm interested. thank you!!
    To put it simply, not really. There is an aftermarket option available for non US models, but the MAF/MAP sensor differences mean it wont work on your car. From what I remember, actual dyno testing yielded losses with a CAI. There are instructions on the site here for building your own SRI, but as far as buy and bolt on, no real options. The only tangible performance upgrades so far that are doable for the majority of people have been in the handling department.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why can't you modify the original air box to accept a K&N type filter and then leave it connected to the Throttle Body from the MAP. What I'm saying is only remove the part of the air box that is connected to the original filter canister and replace it with a free flow filter. This does not affect the engine other than allowing the air to enter easier. Thoughts?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    How about we just contact aem,injen,weaponr to make a intake in a group buy????