Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage taxi spotted (seen any other Mirages as commercial vehicles?)

Also... Mirage delivery vehicles

>>> FYI, one of our Canadian members, DirectNova is using his Mirage as a pizza delivery car. He's already gone through a set of tires.

>>> And aydu reported that...

One of the pizza chains in our town bought a Mirage in each color for use as delivery vehicles. They also have a fleet of MIEV electric vehicles.

The pizza shop owner was there when we were looking at his cars and helped sell them to us. Nothing but praise about the gas mileage, and the fact that the "skinny" tires on the car did great in the snow. He indicated that they never had one stuck all winter, and that was a first for any of his delivery vehicles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Have you guys seen these taxis around lately?

I wonder how many miles are on them now - Rkt Ship just passed 50k miles in his Mirage, which made me think of them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My ES reborn as a Taxi! I love it! Do riders get a discounted rate because the car is so affordable
    2014 ES F5MBD aka 5MT. I am a full time Uber driver, if you want to drive for uber DO not sign up without my referral code for a bonus .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VespaGoGo View Post
    They have 2 of these. One is a DE, the other an ES. I'm happy to hear they drive them hard enough to wear out the brakes on 15k. That means we'll get to see how they hold up when abused. As kissfan and I have discussed privately, I've never seen these cars without being fully loaded with grossly overweight people. When I first saw the ES in front of a Walmart marketplace, at first glance I thought someone had put a lowering kit on it it was sitting so low. I'm certain that none of the 4 occupants weighed less than 250lbs.
    I know it's an old thread, but anything with people of Walmart reference gets a thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bump. Any word on how the taxi mirage's are doing?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I haven't spoken with any of the drivers, but I know they're still running as I still see them rolling around town.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    It took a couple of months, but I saw one of the local Mirage Taxis again. It was the 2015 DS, and it appears to be handling things well. it looked great aside from a missing rear hubcap. The engine appears to be doing superb with no audible or outward signs of issue. I'm really impressed as they've had this thing for 2 years (3 for their 2014) and haven't been easy on it. It looks like the little Mirage can take a beating and keep rolling along.

Name:  15DStaxi1.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  92.4 KBName:  15DStaxi.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  96.8 KB
    Last edited by VespaGoGo; 05-11-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sweet

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sometimes they run in packs.

I'm super impressed these things have stood the test of time and are still going strong - even after years of hauling around morbidly obese people in Alabama heat and humidity. That's not an easy life for ANY vehicle. Clearly the Mirage is up to the test! It looks like the only wear damage are the bumpers. I see one has zip ties holding it on.

Name:  MirageTaxi.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  97.9 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VespaGoGo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-06-2017)

Thanks for the update.

Turns out these cars are surprisingly well suited to fleet use.

Fummins often posts about how little trouble he has with the fleet of 20+ delivery Mirages he looks after.