Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi in Deland, FL advertising amazing prices

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsubishi in Deland, FL advertising amazing prices

A bit off-topic, but definitely something that will help Mitsubishi sales in the US. RC Hill Mitsubishi in Deland, FL is advertising some crazy good deals on ALL Mitsubishi models on autotrader.com. $6000-$7000 off MSRP depending on model! I take it that they are a volume dealership given the massive inventory they have advertised. The Mirage prices start at about $8000
    to about $12,000 for a fully loaded GT. If you, friend, or family are looking for a fantastic deal on a new Mitsubishi, definitely check these guys out. Even if you live too far to buy one in person, you can purchase over the phone and have the vehicle shipped to you by a great company called Cosmos Auto Transport. I've personally used this shipper twice before with online vehicle purchases and they were the cheapest and very dependable to do business with. These prices are so low, it's worth paying for shipping!

So you don't think this is an advertisement, I do not work for either RC Hill Mitsubishi or Cosmos Auto Transport. I simply love finding great deals on new vehicles and helping people out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to palebeachbum For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did not enjoy my experience with RC Hill Mitsubishi in Deland, FL

I live in Miami which is several hours away and I tried to negotiate for a new car with them over the phone or via email and they where very evasive and insisted that I "come in person" and refused to quote me a price in writing.

The salesman sounded like a typical sleezebag and liar/bully and the price on the website was $3000 less than the out the door price.
    And this is for a stickshift 2015 Mirage DE

I ended up getting it from the Miami dealership Lehman for $9000 out the door and RC was not going to go below $11,000 no matter what.

Also this is my last new car that I ever buy. I dont ever want to deal with bullies and liars like that, its a stomach-churning experience.

In the future I will be buying 2 or 3 year old used car in good condition from the original purchaser. No more dealers.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear about that. I don't have any personal experience with that particular dealership, so I really can't comment on what they're like to do business with. I went with my mom to Orange Park Mitsubishi with my mom when she was ready to buy a new Outlander Sport. We had a horrible experience there. Typical shady business practices. She had her heart set on a previous year model demo car. The guy presented her with the sales contract for $28,000! She laughed and said "Uh, no." She tried negotiating the price she wanted and the guy made us wait for 20 minutes while we sat there. We finally got tired of waiting and just got up and walked out the door. Wouldn't you know he came running after us saying he could give her the car for what she wanted. Problem was, we had an appointment to get to somewhere else. By the time we came back, he said the car was sold. It was still sitting in the same spot in the parking lot where we had left it after our test drive. No doubt in my mind he was lying. So, she contacted another Mitsubishi dealership closer to where she lives and got the exact same vehicle, brand new, for the same price she wanted. Dealerships are independently owned, so some are better to deal with than others. RC hill Mitsubishi has a very good rating from consumers on AutoTrader, so maybe your experience was just that one particular bad salesperson.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. I don't have any personal experience with that particular dealership, so I really can't comment on what they're like to do business with. I went with my mom to Orange Park Mitsubishi with my mom when she was ready to buy a new Outlander Sport. We had a horrible experience there. Typical shady business practices. She had her heart set on a previous year model demo car. The guy presented her with the sales contract for $28,000! She laughed and said "Uh, no." She tried negotiating the price she wanted and the guy made us wait for 20 minutes while we sat there. We finally got tired of waiting and just got up and walked out the door. Wouldn't you know he came running after us saying he could give her the car for what she wanted. Problem was, we had an appointment to get to somewhere else. By the time we came back, he said the car was sold. It was still sitting in the same spot in the parking lot where we had left it after our test drive. No doubt in my mind he was lying. So, she contacted another Mitsubishi dealership closer to where she lives and got the exact same vehicle, brand new, for the same price she wanted. Dealerships are independently owned, so some are better to deal with than others. RC hill Mitsubishi has a very good rating from consumers on AutoTrader, so maybe your experience was just that one particular bad salesperson.
    Awesome!!!! For standing your ground!!!!! And contacting another Mitsubishi dealership!! And got a Outlander!!!! I had a similar experience when I had my 2014 Mirage I ck two Dealerships and they said I was upside down and they couldn't do business with me unless I came up with 5,000 down! So I ck the last dealership and they Put me in a brand new Outlander SE!
    Lin
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've learned over the years that if it sounds like a crappy deal or they're wasting your time, just walk away. Sometimes that's enough to get them to cave. When not, it's better to try with another dealership. Have done this several times. Best scenario is to find a good deal online before ever setting foot in a dealership. Give them a call to verify the accuracy (honesty) of the price.

^ I had a friend do exactly that. He called ahead to the dealership to say: if your online price is correct, I'm coming in this evening to buy the car. The salesman confirmed it was correct. Come on down!

When he got there that evening, the salesman suddenly realized he "forgot" to include the shipping/delivery cost in the total. Of course he did. So easy to forget a huge fee that's included in every single new car transaction.

Friend walked out and bought a used car instead.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ I had a friend do exactly that. He called ahead to the dealership to say: if your online price is correct, I'm coming in this evening to buy the car. The salesman confirmed it was correct. Come on down!

When he got there that evening, the salesman suddenly realized he "forgot" to include the shipping/delivery cost in the total. Of course he did. So easy to forget a huge fee that's included in every single new car transaction.

Friend walked out and bought a used car instead.
    yeah there's always a catch, every time. They think your real dumb to fall for there game. But if you stand your ground you win 9 times out 10! They don't realize I've been around the block several times Lol
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep you just have to stand your ground. If they had tried to pull that on me I would have straight up told them I'm interested in the car at the price we discussed on the phone. If they can't follow through on that price, I'm walking out the door. Apparently the salesman was not bluffing about the delivery charge though. There's no way he would have let him walk out the door over a few hundred dollars. I always haggle with the dealer over the ridiculous documentation fee… or whatever they choose to call it. It's pure profit. That's all it is. If they're going to try telling me "everyone pays the documentary fee " , I like to ask them what exactly I'm getting for that money. Watch them squirm. The salesman try to tell my mom it covers processing of the paperwork. My mom said " it costs $0.15 to make a copy. Give me the paperwork and I will take it to Kinko's for less than $699." He finally said "okay, really it's just profit to help pay for our expenses." I've used a different tactic regarding that stupid documentary fee. I tell them what price I'm willing to pay out the door. It never fails, when they present me with the contract with the out the door price, they always tack on the documentary fee on top of that . An argument ensues over the fee at which point I tell them they can charge me the documentary fee if they want, but it has to be included in the out the door price. By that point they realize I'm pretty sharp and they just want to get rid of me.
    Last edited by palebeachbum; 07-05-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    All this talk about how to deal with dealers. I guess I don't buy enough new cars.

Edmunds has some articles on cars (go figure.) One that I discussed here was called Confessions of a Car Salesman. I thought it was a good read. It seems the latest they have is called Behind the Scenes at a Car Dealership

Know what make & model car you are after, and know how they are priced & configured.

Call as many dealerships as you can and get their best price over the phone. Call back the ones you like and see if they'll match prices.

Be patient and wait for discounts.

Avoid car search services as dealers have to pay for the service which is passed on to the consumer. Just call them direct. Hopefully it will be easy to tell which ones are good and who is playing games. The bad ones don't deserve your (or anyone's) money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I usually use trucar and cargurus and from them start downwards. A good deal is if you pay sticker prices with tax and all fees. A great deal is 10 percent bellow MSRP and 20 percent bellow is killer deal.

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)