Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Currently at 19K miles, I heard a noise from the passenger side axle. I saw a couple of dots of grease on my trim ring on that wheel. I'm suspecting a torn boot. It hasn't clicked again, but I'll have to take it for repair as soon as I get my wife's Volvo ready.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's from Texas speeding...lol lol yeah that a concern. Should have that ck out.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Indeed. I must say its been reliable. I used to have a 2000 mirage 1.8 DE auto and that was 84k and no major issues.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just hit about 18000 miles and the airbag light came on. The car is now at the dealer for diagnosis. I had to agree to a 99 dollar possible charge in case it's non-warranty e.g. if a rodent chewed wiring. Here's hoping it's a warranty issue.!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

"rodent chewed wiring"
    Here's hoping the dealer doesn't keep a family of mice in the back of the shop who earn their keep $99 at a time!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's what the service writer actually said "rodent chewed wiring"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

Phantasmagoria
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    OK here's what went down(happened). Code number B1408 Right Front impact sensor fail check.

They told me this was a known issue for Mirage's.!!

The sensor is on back order, so I have to take the car back to have it replaced.

They say it is safe to drive, but if the light comes back on I can take it in for reset of code.

it's odd that my OBD on my ipad showed no error codes! go figure.

P.S. it is under warranty no rodent chewed wires.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don Hoot,,, that's what happened to mine my air bag light has been on for about three wk . So this coming wk I'm taking it in to have it ck out. And have my oil changed and my New wheels put on.
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I go in Monday to have my wheel speed sensor swapped out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Took our Mirage in Yesterday for its first oil change and have them check the Alignment of all 4 wheels and the camber. All the tires were aligned and the camber they said was in green. they said if it is out of the green they would fix it and that they do have a way to fix them If they are bad. That is about as far as i got. the wife and i were there about 3 hours and she was getting tired. But that was all good news to me.

Now i don't need to do anything for about 5k miles then change the oil again. I have about 5 gallons of royal purple 0-20 so i am set for a while except the oil filters.

After we got home i had to run and get a part for my tractor and the wife said she would be driving her truck again so looks like i get my car back till she has to work out of town again. On the way home i saw a Mirage at Brookshires, A black DE 2014 with the front whip antenna. I talked to the guy driving it and he said he loved it I asked what transmission and he said he got the 5 speed and had bought the car early last year. I asked him about the Mpgs he was getting he said I love the gas mileage and say between 38 and 45 but that he stopped checking it a long time ago.

The he told me what he really liked about the car was that it was Bullet proof, He siad he had hit TWO deer with his car and the deer and the car were fine. I looked the car over and i couldn't find a dent anywhere , just a scratch that he showed me and said that was the second deer and he thinks it was from its hoof. I brag about my Mirage but i would have never expected that to be what excited someone about the car LOL.

Oh i told him about the web site and he said......... I don't do computer stuff.

Thanks for reading. Don

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 58.0 mpg (US) ... 24.7 km/L ... 4.1 L/100 km ... 69.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Don For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (08-17-2015)