Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The interior light just died. Under bumper to bumper, Think they'll replace it? hahaha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    The interior light just died. Under bumper to bumper, Think they'll replace it? hahaha
    When mine goes a led is going in lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HitShane View Post
    When mine goes a led is going in lol.
    Mine came from the factory with one in 😉
    (blank signature)

I'm pretty sure bulbs are actually covered under warranty. For how long I can't remember?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    6k miles and nothing but an oil change so far. But my car get driven by an old lady (me) and is pampered.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-10-2016),MetroMPG (12-10-2016)

Thanks for the update, Ranny!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2014 ES manual I bought with low miles as a roll-back off dealer lot. No nav system upgrade, but does have fog lights and cruise control. I currently have 31,000+ miles and just had the 30k check up done. The car is running great, no problems. My car is entirely stock and nothing has yet been replaced (tires, brake pads, etc.) A list of what has been done, and things I've notices:
    - I do oil changes at 3k religiously even though recommendation is every 5k. This is a tiny engine that runs at comparatively high rpm and I plan to hold on to the car for the long haul.
    - I had two recall issues addressed at no cost: the wiring on driver side floor and the ECU update regarding valve knock during cold starts. I do notice slight valve knock immediately at start up for 1-2 seconds, before and after the ECU update. I've read this is due to engine design that does not prevent oil from draining down to oil pan after engine is turned off. So, it takes a second for oil to re-distribute. It has never sounded excessive.
    - At 15k I had tires rotated which amplified the rear axle alignment issue. I had them rotated back. Issue is noticeable but minor and has not resulted in noticeable uneven tire wear. I have not attempted to request a warranty replacement of the axle.
    - Early on the AC evaporator drain tube came loose and started leaking onto the passenger side floor mate. Easy fix with a zip tie.
    - There is a slight rattle up front when driving on rough or dirt roads that has been there since I bought the car. Haven't been able to successfully diagnose yet but it isn't from a typical source like CV, suspension, strut, etc.

Over all the car has been solid with zero problems. I'm still averaging 45mpg with 50+mpg on long highway trips.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeanSproutExpress For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (12-17-2016),debburyl (12-18-2016),Eggman (12-17-2016),inuvik (12-17-2016),MetroMPG (12-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanSproutExpress View Post
    I have a 2014 ES manual I bought with low miles as a roll-back off dealer lot. No nav system upgrade, but does have fog lights and cruise control. I currently have 31,000+ miles and just had the 30k check up done. The car is running great, no problems. My car is entirely stock and nothing has yet been replaced (tires, brake pads, etc.) A list of what has been done, and things I've notices:
    - I do oil changes at 3k religiously even though recommendation is every 5k. This is a tiny engine that runs at comparatively high rpm and I plan to hold on to the car for the long haul.
    - I had two recall issues addressed at no cost: the wiring on driver side floor and the ECU update regarding valve knock during cold starts. I do notice slight valve knock immediately at start up for 1-2 seconds, before and after the ECU update. I've read this is due to engine design that does not prevent oil from draining down to oil pan after engine is turned off. So, it takes a second for oil to re-distribute. It has never sounded excessive.
    - At 15k I had tires rotated which amplified the rear axle alignment issue. I had them rotated back. Issue is noticeable but minor and has not resulted in noticeable uneven tire wear. I have not attempted to request a warranty replacement of the axle.
    - Early on the AC evaporator drain tube came loose and started leaking onto the passenger side floor mate. Easy fix with a zip tie.
    - There is a slight rattle up front when driving on rough or dirt roads that has been there since I bought the car. Haven't been able to successfully diagnose yet but it isn't from a typical source like CV, suspension, strut, etc.

Over all the car has been solid with zero problems. I'm still averaging 45mpg with 50+mpg on long highway trips.

3k oil changes. WOW, talking about wasting money. The recommended is 7.5k, 5k if you drive in adverse conditions. This is not a 60s car with crap oil and high gaps in the engine. When I had my mirage, I only changed at 7.5k and drove 94k. Oil was clean and dealer hated me since they kept putting the oil time life to 5k so they can make money.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanSproutExpress View Post
    Early on the AC evaporator drain tube came loose and started leaking onto the passenger side floor mate. Easy fix with a zip tie.
    Where did you place the zip tie? Mine hasn't come loose yet but I wouldn't mind placing one, just in case.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-17-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    3k oil changes. WOW, talking about wasting money. The recommended is 7.5k, 5k if you drive in adverse conditions. This is not a 60s car with crap oil and high gaps in the engine. When I had my mirage, I only changed at 7.5k and drove 94k. Oil was clean and dealer hated me since they kept putting the oil time life to 5k so they can make money.
    Exactly. Your oil isn't even degraded at that point, huge waste of money.

(blank signature)