Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahintofpepperjack View Post
    Just like I said, our cars use a clutch cable. The evo has a hydraulic clutch.
    Probably not in 1992 haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectNova View Post
    Probably not in 1992 haha.
    I've never seen an original Evo, but I would assume they had a hydraulic clutch. American cars have used hydraulic clutches since at least the 1970's I have not worked on cars before that to know exactly when they started using hydraulic clutches.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahintofpepperjack View Post
    I've never seen an original Evo, but I would assume they had a hydraulic clutch. American cars have used hydraulic clutches since at least the 1970's I have not worked on cars before that to know exactly when they started using hydraulic clutches.
    You'll find that it really depends on the specific model and manufacturer. My 1979 Mazda Rx-7 had a hydraulic clutch, but dad's '86 Isuzu P'Up had a cable. My 1988 Mitsubishi truck was a cable clutch as well.

I was surprised to see the cable clutch on my Mirage. Anyone know if the Spark has a cable clutch?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey all, I recently had the front right headlight fixed under warranty after the inner reflector broke from its adjusting mounts so the inner bulb/reflector combo would rattle and bounce around when I went over bumps. They were saying that it was a result of a previous incident were a piece of BigRig tire hit my bumper at highway speeds that had caused my bumper to develop a small crack. My local dealer very unwillingly replaced it because they could not prove it was related.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have an intermittent TPMS sensor that I need to get fixed. Couldnt duplicate it a few months ago when I took it in. Figured out it fails after I drive for about half an hour, so I should be able to duplicate it now. No other issues. If that little non essential part is the only defect I have in 8 months on a cheap car made in Thailand, that's pretty good in my opinion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to db1980 For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (12-07-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So far mine is problem free.the only thing I've noticed is every once in a while it has a rattle under the Hood when you Frist start. Then it stops.but it dosnt do every time. When I take it in for the next oil change I will have them ck it out
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have almost 6,000 on it.my next oil change is in January

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    So far mine is problem free.the only thing I've noticed is every once in a while it has a rattle under the Hood when you Frist start. Then it stops.but it dosnt do every time. When I take it in for the next oil change I will have them ck it out
    If it does this when the engine is cold only it might be due to the fact your oil filter does not have the anti drain back feature. I had this situation but fixed it with a wix oil filter that has the anti drain back feature. Is it sort of a metal grinding sound for a second or two one you start it?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    You'll find that it really depends on the specific model and manufacturer. My 1979 Mazda Rx-7 had a hydraulic clutch, but dad's '86 Isuzu P'Up had a cable. My 1988 Mitsubishi truck was a cable clutch as well.

I was surprised to see the cable clutch on my Mirage. Anyone know if the Spark has a cable clutch?
    Spark has a juicy clutch.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    We have 28,000 US miles on ours.. we bought it 11 months ago.. only issue we have had is our A/C compressor broke.. car wasn't down and only took 3 days to get a replacement. No other issues