Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage warranty repairs -- have you had any done? Or problem-free so far?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    I have the same bucking with the ac. It acts like the engine just doesn't have enough power to run the car and the ac at the same time. If I have a line of cars behind me, or I'm going up a steep incline when starting off, I just kill the ac until I'm up to speed. Kinda annoying, but it works. Please let us know if you find out anything. My car doesn't have any warranty, as it was a salvage vehicle, so any repairs will have to be done by me. Luckily, safety recalls are still covered.
    I suspect you're right. I had the same thought that the bucking may be related to there just not being enough power, since it only does this when the RPMs are very low starting off from a stop. To me the culprit seems to be the tuning of the CVT. Does anyone out there experience the bucking with AC on issue with the 5-spd?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by palebeachbum View Post
    I suspect you're right. I had the same thought that the bucking may be related to there just not being enough power, since it only does this when the RPMs are very low starting off from a stop. To me the culprit seems to be the tuning of the CVT. Does anyone out there experience the bucking with AC on issue with the 5-spd?
    No, there is a little lag off the line but it clears up quick and goes fine. Kinda like turbo lag feeling. I do notice a pretty steep mpg drop with a.c. on but it's still low 40s in the city with a.c. on which is fine by me

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If I have a line of cars behind me, or I'm going up a steep incline when starting off, I just kill the ac until I'm up to speed.
    This is pretty much what I do all the time. I'll run the AC once the car has reached a cruising speed...and that's about it. It's just too much work for the car to accelerate and drive the compressor at the same time. My finger is always close to the AC on/off button on hot days when I'm in stop and go traffic. I can't imagine setting it in Auto mode and letting the car decide when it's time to engage the compressor. That's not going to be good for mileage or driveability in my opinion.

I have a 5-speed and my car does require a lot of throttle and clutch to get it going if I'm stopped on a steep hill with the AC on. I just don't run the AC in that situation any more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (07-19-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Maybe I just missed it, but how did you wind up dealing with your starter grind issue?
    Still haven't fixed it yet. It grinds about once a week, and I kill the engine immediately when it does. I've been going to the local dealer for about a month now, to price out the starter, and dowel pins that will be needed. Just haven't been able to get by there yet. When I pulled down the starter last time, the flywheel was saveable, and I filed down a couple buggerd up teeth. Figured I'd dress them up again, if need be, whenever I slap in the new starter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    This is pretty much what I do all the time. I'll run the AC once the car has reached a cruising speed...and that's about it. It's just too much work for the car to accelerate and drive the compressor at the same time. My finger is always close to the AC on/off button on hot days when I'm in stop and go traffic. I can't imagine setting it in Auto mode and letting the car decide when it's time to engage the compressor. That's not going to be good for mileage or driveability in my opinion.

I have a 5-speed and my car does require a lot of throttle and clutch to get it going if I'm stopped on a steep hill with the AC on. I just don't run the AC in that situation any more.
    I don't have any steep hills but I keep my ac on a lot when it's super muggy and never feel the need to turn it off for lack of power.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Still haven't fixed it yet. It grinds about once a week, and I kill the engine immediately when it does. I've been going to the local dealer for about a month now, to price out the starter, and dowel pins that will be needed. Just haven't been able to get by there yet. When I pulled down the starter last time, the flywheel was saveable, and I filed down a couple buggerd up teeth. Figured I'd dress them up again, if need be, whenever I slap in the new starter.
    Did they give you a part number on the starter you need? Ebay is crawling with low-mile used ones...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At 370 miles my sending unit on top of fuel tank cracked. Went to the dealer 2 times checking gas cap seals because code reader was saying small evap leak. Finally found leak with a smoke test. Now at 10000 miles with no more mishaps. Knock on wood. Replaced sending unit and notified Mitsubishi because the dealer had never seen a sending unit bad at 370 miles.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Mine has a annoying rattle at certain rpms worse when engine is cold. I find that I can move the heat shield a bit bye hand if I reach behind air filter (while cold) 🤣

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbear View Post
    Mine has a annoying rattle at certain rpms worse when engine is cold. I find that I can move the heat shield a bit bye hand if I reach behind air filter (while cold) 藍
    Welcome to the forum Jbear!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2014 engine replacements

1) IchabodCrane's 2014 had low compression, middle cylinder:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post67681

2) This 2014 that I found for sale also had engine replaced due to low compression, according to the seller:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...4882#post64882

3) Darkfly600's 2014 also needs a new engine:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...d-a-new-engine!

Coincidence that these cars are all 2014's and driven in Canada?

4) bcressy1987 replacement for engine noise:
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...ll=1#post69620

Well, there goes the Canada hypothesis, but it is the northeast US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-25-2018),Top_Fuel (01-22-2018)