Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: problem with FAST key / engine start button: beeping & flashing (cold weather issue?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I thought so too but I tried the second set which has been used only 4 or 5 times since we purchased 18 months ago and didn't make any difference.
    Batteries in both sets could be depleted some, even if they're barely used. Try changing them, is worth the small $, and may just be the ticket.

(blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I got the error to clear by unplugging fuses #25 radio & #26 ECU in the passenger compartment fuse block (the yellow framed combo). I unplugged it from the fuse block attempted to start the car, no response. Plugged the combo plug back in and viola ! Error cleared. Going to replace my batteries in both units ASAP but at least I don't have the constant squeal and no error.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-04-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I got the error to clear by unplugging fuses #25 radio & #26 ECU in the passenger compartment fuse block (the yellow framed combo).
    Of course - the good old 'did you restart your computer?'

That's good news. Let us know if you think this is The Fix for this problem, or if the beeping returns.

Thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh and one more thing - did you notice if it gave any trouble codes?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh and one more thing - did you notice if it gave any trouble codes?
    Not sure, not that I know of.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Member BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I own a 2015 Mirage ES with CVT and a FAST key. Last night the orange key warning light started flashing. Checked owners manual for solutions. Appeared most common solution is to replace Fob battery. Went to dealer (www.missionmitsubishi.com) to check with service advisor, who stated about 75% of time solution is to replace Fob battery. I did so with their parts department who changed out batteries. Problem solved. Cost for two Fob batteries at dealer parts department was $13.75 including sales tax. Took delivery of car in December 2014. A two year life for Fob batteries seems a little low.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillThompsonMirage-ES-CVT View Post
    I own a 2015 Mirage ES with CVT and a FAST key. Last night the orange key warning light started flashing. Checked owners manual for solutions. Appeared most common solution is to replace Fob battery. Went to dealer (www.missionmitsubishi.com) to check with service advisor, who stated about 75% of time solution is to replace Fob battery. I did so with their parts department who changed out batteries. Problem solved. Cost for two Fob batteries at dealer parts department was $13.75 including sales tax. Took delivery of car in December 2014. A two year life for Fob batteries seems a little low.
    Since the fob is communicating via low power to the F.A.S.T. receiver on a regular basis it makes sense that the batteries might have a shorter life span than normal.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since the fob is communicating via low power to the F.A.S.T. receiver on a regular basis it makes sense that the batteries might have a shorter life span than normal.
    This is true. Test by taking the key away from an operating vehicle, such as going back for something forgotten, and notice that the vehicle signals the loss of the key. I managed to test this myself unplanned.

Due to this, I also agree that the battery holds up about as I would expect. It operates more than an ordinary remote.