Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest review of an honest car. 2015 Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Bluejellybean :):):):):):):):):)

Quote Originally Posted by M-88 View Post
    Cars like the Mirage and Versa(and spark) are honest cars. Sure, they don't have the most comfortable seats or the best radio - but when did they say that? They are promised to get you from point a to point B without costing a lot of money ... and that is exactly what they do.

And with the faltering US Economy .... these are the cars we need to be driving!

I liked the sound the 3 cylinder made when wound up; sounded like a mini inline 6! Perfectly fine with me!
    M88 I'm in full agreement with Tinker1980 & your post! More of the USA public needs to hear our post.what was said is so true. If it Don't Burn Rubber at the stop sign and Beat the car beside him.and have every luxury like a Rolls Royce people will complain!then they wonder why gas is SO HIGH. It's us Smart people who buy a Gas saver like a mirage and save our Hard earned dollars to put food on the table instead of BURNING RUBBER AT THE STOP SIGN GO MIRAGE GO

hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (11-25-2014),motormontreal (12-14-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In fact I made this Guy mad when I went 75 ! That wasn't fast enough he had to go 85 to get to the SAME STOP SIGN! LOL
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    I'm thinking next weekend I'm going to see if I can get my son, the aspiring fimmaker, to help me make a video review of my Mirage. What say all of you?
    Tinker 1980 that sounds great!! Maybe it will make it on NBC or CBS evening News? LOL
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by debburyl View Post
    Tinker 1980 that sounds great!! Maybe it will make it on NBC or CBS evening News? LOL
    I certainly hope not.

I've discovered a very irritating quality in this car. Same issue I had with my Metro.

It's the fact that even when driving my "slow" car, I'm constantly having to wait on people with 200+ horsepower cars to get OUT OF MY WAY.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker1980 View Post
    I certainly hope not.

I've discovered a very irritating quality in this car. Same issue I had with my Metro.

It's the fact that even when driving my "slow" car, I'm constantly having to wait on people with 200+ horsepower cars to get OUT OF MY WAY.
    The NBC &CBS was just a joke. Yes I have the same problem with other cars. They won't get out of your way or they try to run u over! For what? So I try to take different roads with less traffic.
    hello from bluejellybean

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've about 1500 miles on the little Mirage now. Engine has certainly become more powerful. Oil on the stick still looks clean. I've been getting a pretty consistent 45 mpg when driving the car normally... no hypermileing stuff, just normal easy driving.

My almost 15 year old son loves this car. Not often a teenager would like an economy car, but there it is.

I still get comments about once a week from younger attractive women about how adorable the car is. The driver, being a fab shop worker, is quite a bit less adoreable.

The blue is definitely an eye-catching colour.

I had a young neighbourhood kid once ask me what kind of car he should get to catch the ladies' eyes. I said if you're feeling confident, get a Beetle or a Mini or a Smart car. He said NO, I was thinking about a (insert red sports car here). I said, that's what you get if you want other (car) guys to notice you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

beerbelly58 (12-05-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    that's what you get if you want other (car) guys to notice you.
    I noticed that with my Mazda Rx-7. Women didn't care for it. It was actually close to the same color as the Mirage. My girlfriend at the time hated that old Mazda. But then again, she hated everything. She was one who said it was "her, or the motorcycle."

I still have that motorcycle.

The car that got attention from just about everyone was my old white Metro. I imagine when gas goes back up (I filled up for $15 yesterday, wow.) the little blue mirage will really be attractive.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I had a Firefly 1998 as a first car, and I loved it because it was my first car and because I paid 1000$ for it (in 2008). But if I had 15 000$ to buy a brand new car, I'd look for something better looking and a bit more upper class than the Mirage. The engine is more than enough, but the handling overall reminds me of my Firefly, which isn't exactly a quality in 2014. If the steering was quicker (not more than 3 turns lock to lock) or manual then it would be fun to drive maybe, but the slow and unresponsive steering are killing it.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The negative reviews are what got me into the Mitsubishi store.
    I had realized long ago that car reviewers are imbeciles(in general)
    So I just had to go drive the little three pot !

Once again...
    http://jalopnik.com/this-brutal-nyt-...eap-1583123298