Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedlab's supercharged Mirage 1.2L

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    What kind of aftermarket piggy back EMS did you guys decide to use?

If you don't mind me asking, which route did you guys end up taking to extract the Mirage ROM?

We used Unichip. It's a piggy back system that can intercept the signals and effect change in fuel delivery and ignition.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donggie View Post
    We used Unichip. It's a piggy back system that can intercept the signals and effect change in fuel delivery and ignition.
    Oh, I thought that was just a generic name, it's actually a brand. Haha, I feel silly now.

Your Mirage looks amazing, can you tell us a little bit more about the body kit? More specifically whether or not it is universally applicable to the hatchback model as well? (Most of us don't have access to the G4).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hank View Post
    Oh, I thought that was just a generic name, it's actually a brand. Haha, I feel silly now.

Your Mirage looks amazing, can you tell us a little bit more about the body kit? More specifically whether or not it is universally applicable to the hatchback model as well? (Most of us don't have access to the G4).
    Thank you for the compliment. The body was built over 5 months. It is not fiberglass. It is actually made of sheet metal. It was done by a good friend of mine from LA that did a lot of work on exotics. We're all over 46 years old and just had to do it old school.

The kit can be modified to fit a hatchback. We are already in talks with a hatchback owner who will be undergoing the process. Once the sheet metal is perfect, we can take molds for fiberglass components. The fiberglass kits will go for about 1.6k USD for a full wraparound for both G4 and HB variants. These will be in a gelcoat.

The widebody kit is built around spacers for front and rear wheels. Sheet metal will need to be cut in order to fit this kit unless you maintain the 15" wheels and go with a lower profile. The kit was built to address the tall and narrow look of the G4. The skirts are actually flush with the bottom of the underside of the car. They don't pass the body any lower than the floor of the vehicle does. We did this to make the car look thinner and a lot more practical over speed bumps.

The paint and the kit were rushed to make it to the show. It is relatively unfinished and has only the first coat of clear on it.

Name:  IMG_20120102_110918.jpg
Views: 3549
Size:  96.4 KBName:  IMG-20140729-00364.jpg
Views: 3675
Size:  94.7 KBName:  IMG-20140815-00427.jpg
Views: 3560
Size:  95.4 KBName:  IMG-20140731-00380.jpg
Views: 3800
Size:  95.2 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Donggie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-24-2014)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    For those who think the kit is expensive, the Rotrex units tent to go for around US$2000+. Once you add in all the ecu, bracket, piping, development cost and and all the other parts, this kit is reasonably priced.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage LS 1.2 manual: 40.0 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noopernipe For This Useful Post:

Donggie (11-24-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    HP costs money.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Donggie (11-24-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donggie View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. The body was built over 5 months. It is not fiberglass. It is actually made of sheet metal. It was done by a good friend of mine from LA that did a lot of work on exotics. We're all over 46 years old and just had to do it old school.

The kit can be modified to fit a hatchback. We are already in talks with a hatchback owner who will be undergoing the process. Once the sheet metal is perfect, we can take molds for fiberglass components. The fiberglass kits will go for about 1.6k USD for a full wraparound for both G4 and HB variants. These will be in a gelcoat.

The widebody kit is built around spacers for front and rear wheels. Sheet metal will need to be cut in order to fit this kit unless you maintain the 15" wheels and go with a lower profile. The kit was built to address the tall and narrow look of the G4. The skirts are actually flush with the bottom of the underside of the car. They don't pass the body any lower than the floor of the vehicle does. We did this to make the car look thinner and a lot more practical over speed bumps.

The paint and the kit were rushed to make it to the show. It is relatively unfinished and has only the first coat of clear on it.

Name:  IMG_20120102_110918.jpg
Views: 3549
Size:  96.4 KBName:  IMG-20140729-00364.jpg
Views: 3675
Size:  94.7 KBName:  IMG-20140815-00427.jpg
Views: 3560
Size:  95.4 KBName:  IMG-20140731-00380.jpg
Views: 3800
Size:  95.2 KB
    This is exactly what I was looking for, please keep us posted on the progress of the supercharger kit as well as the body kit.

The only thing that really irritates me is the boat-like look of the hatchback mirage. I have been looking for a wide body style kit for a while! I don't mind cutting into the fender wells as most wide body kits require this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hank For This Useful Post:

Donggie (11-24-2014)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Speedlab Supercharger System Packages and Pricing for Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L 3cylinder - Confirmed 100% compatible with all models including North American version which has the MAF sensor.

Paypal Payments through: wac932@yahoo.com

Click to download pricing.

Name:  Speedlab Supercharger Packages and Pricing for Mitsubishi Mirage 3cyl.jpg
Views: 3844
Size:  21.0 KB
    Last edited by Donggie; 11-25-2014 at 02:56 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donggie For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-25-2014),Marklovski (08-20-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I assume a new belt is also included, but its not on the list. Just want to clarify.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I assume a new belt is also included, but its not on the list. Just want to clarify.
    Yes a new belt is included in the kit. The old belt will no longer fit as the length of travel around the supercharger pulley is longer. The kit is complete.

So when are you scheduling your purchase?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Donggie For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-25-2014)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    wow... consider the exchange rate to Ringgit Malaysia.. this will be my last option.