Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the WORST fuel economy you have gotten?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    39 mpg tons of stop and go, short trips in the cold with less than 500 miles on the odometer. Last tank over 500 miles on the odometer showed 44.5mpg so its back on the rise, and it's even colder out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I regularly get 31 mpg, but recently have been getting 27. I deliver in a college town, which means lots of stop and go traffic, driving 20-25 mph, trips of 2-5 miles, and lots of idling. Recently, though, college was on winter break and the temperature was hovering in the 0F range, so the car had plenty of time to cool down between starts, which is terrible for mileage. I still get wildly better mileage than anybody I work with, and better delivery mileage than any car I've owned other than a 1981 Chevette 4-speed manual. That got 36 mpg delivering, and 25 mpg highway. For comparison's sake, my previous car was a 2010 Hyundai Accent, which got 43 highway, but 24 delivering.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Last tank saw an average of 27 MPG, all city, stop and go driving in Michigan winter weather, full on with having to idle to warm up. Normally I don't like to idle the car to warm it up, but with the storms we've seen temps near 0 and wind chills well below. I'm not crying too loudly about the decline, as that is still better than my previous car on all highway, an 01 Mercury Sable that would be getting me 15-16 MPG right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 31.9 mpg (US) ... 13.6 km/L ... 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.3 mpg (Imp)