Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirage G4, hatch to challenge fuel economy record. UPDATE: 1,647 km on one tank!

Yeah, eye popping numbers are doable in perfect conditions.

I once did 104 MPG US / 2.3 L/100 KM / 44 KM/L in my 1.0L Firefly (Metro/Swift) for a tank. Summer weather, almost 95% driving on empty rural roads, using pulse & glide. To put that number in perspective, my average speed was something like 40 km/h. Though my top speed ... on some down hills ... was over 80 km/h.

Not practical, but an interesting experiment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    .It's the thrill of bettering the last tank . About as extreme as our lives go . The G4 reminds me of the Metro sedan .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove the Natchez Trace on my way home from a wedding in a rented 2012 Crown Vic and got the thing to 32mpg using E85. Speed limit is 50. No commercial traffic is on the road so traffic is light, I maintained roughly 49-51 mph as close as I could and achieved what I consider insane numbers for the size of that car. Maybe now that I've got a Mirage I'll try it in that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to man114 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-30-2016)