Thread: For sale/trade: two FAST proximity keyfobs with blank keys for April 2014+ Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

For sale/trade: two FAST proximity keyfobs with blank keys for April 2014+ Mirage

I’ve got two unused FAST wireless keyfobs with uncut passenger door lock blanks for April 2014 and later Mirages for sale or for trade for two March 2014 and earlier Mirages. I ended up buying these from a licensed mobile locksmith who messed up the order (which I payed him in cash in advance to order from one of his distributors) and then he basically reneged on his work, blamed a previous locksmith who attempted to get some generic keys programmed, and then basically cut off all contact with me. Ideally I’d like some that will work for my March 2014 Mirage, but I’d be fine selling them as well. I paid $450 for both. The locksmith seemed like a decent guy and was talking up his license and experience and had decent reviews on Google so I would hope the keys are working fine, but we can do PayPal goods and services with a refund if they don’t work for whatever reason, and if we meet local (Baltimore or Philly area) we could test them out on your car before we complete the sale. I’ll upload some photos and the serial numbers on them shortly. If you’re interested in the full story and my research into how these keys work (and don’t work as I found out in my March 2014 manufactured Mirage) here’s my original post:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...dealer-service

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penn_matte View Post
    I’ve got two unused FAST wireless keyfobs with uncut passenger door lock blanks for April 2014 and later Mirages for sale or for trade for two March 2014 and earlier Mirages. I ended up buying these from a licensed mobile locksmith who messed up the order (which I payed him in cash in advance to order from one of his distributors) and then he basically reneged on his work, blamed a previous locksmith who attempted to get some generic keys programmed, and then basically cut off all contact with me. Ideally I’d like some that will work for my March 2014 Mirage, but I’d be fine selling them as well. I paid $450 for both. The locksmith seemed like a decent guy and was talking up his license and experience and had decent reviews on Google so I would hope the keys are working fine, but we can do PayPal goods and services with a refund if they don’t work for whatever reason, and if we meet local (Baltimore or Philly area) we could test them out on your car before we complete the sale. I’ll upload some photos and the serial numbers on them shortly. If you’re interested in the full story and my research into how these keys work (and don’t work as I found out in my March 2014 manufactured Mirage) here’s my original post:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...dealer-service
    To recap a long story - You had one key fob when you bought your used Mirage, & it was stolen from you. Locksmith #1 failed & most likely cleared your system by accident. Locksmith #2 had you purchase the key fobs you are offering here for sale. He failed to program them, because of what Locksmith #1 had done before him.

So how did this play out in the end? I assume a dealership took care of your key fob issue, but why didn't you have them use the key fobs you are now trying to sell?

Aftermarket keys seem hit or miss as well as finding someone that can program them. Our cars with regular keys are a pita to program. I ordered some Amazon keys and two different dealers try to program them. One dealer in Calgary was able to program one to get the car started but couldn’t get the keyfob(keyless entry) to work. The derpy Southside local dealer failed completely. In the end we bought new keys from the dealer and had them program them. We won’t buy aftermarket keys for these anymore unless from a locksmith that will program them on the spot.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_4066.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  92.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4070.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  98.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_4072.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  84.0 KB

I ended up getting my car towed again to a local dealer who utilized a mobile locksmith once a week who would come by the dealership. The dealer had one proper FAST key in their inventory but it didn’t have the passenger door key blank. I ended up paying about $500 for the proper key and service which took all of 5 minutes to program. So I ended up spending close to a grand on keys and only got one working one and it didn’t even come with the cut key. Plus another $500 or more for the two tows. All the fuel savings from driving this (mainly highway, mostly above 50mpg indicated on the dash) for the past two years have been eaten up by the fiasco but otherwise I love it - it’s been super reliable and fits my needs perfectly.

It's pretty ironic that many locksmiths can't program keys for these, Mitsubishi seems to have the imobillizer software stuff locked down tight. But walk up to a mercedes, dodge or toyota and you can drive the car away by cloning the key(if it's within range) in minutes. Maybe Mits should teach other automakers about theft prevention.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)