Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire advice needed ASAP! (Hard to find replacement for OEM Enasave 165/65r14)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I ended up opting for 4 new 170/75 r14's. I now have 3 original tires for sale! (1,800 miles on them.)
    You still have the tire laying around forsale? :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wmo168 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    You still have the tire laying around forsale? :-)
    That's hilarious. That post was back in 2014.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Ya never know until you ask.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-11-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Try her email she hasn't logged on since Feb. 2015

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poorman1 View Post
    Try her email she hasn't logged on since Feb. 2015
    With her bad luck, somebody may have crashed into her Mirage too. Might find her on the Fit Freak forum now, driving a different ride. Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you're on a budget, I bought four Kenda Kinetica 175/65-14 tires for my car and it was $240.00 out the door. They're pretty good for a budget tire and they grip well in the snow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to burghbeagle For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-20-2017),Eggman (02-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1491
Size:  97.4 KB

I got some 175/70/14 tires for my steel rims for $56 each at Mavis. I had to convince them it'd be alright. I have no clearance problems at all, wheels turn all th way and don't rub.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    OK tire in canada has a 165 tire that is a four season tire, meaning it has a winter rating, and 80000 km warranty for around 90 CAD installed. I have no experience with OK tire but that isn't bad considering insurers have to give a discount for winter tires in Canada.

I've been shopping around for a couple cheap tires, one of mine popped so I have to replace at least two. I was going to get 4 175 tires from costco since their pirellis had a crazy warranty, but I am in the midst of maybe purchasing another house so I wanted to keep expenses down. I have also since been told by many tire guys that you can run 165 and 175 tires together without problem so long as the vehicle isn't all wheel drive, some cars even come from the factory with different sized on the front and back. So I don't really need to change all 4 anyways even if 175 was my only option.

Still shopping around so I will see if i can find something better, just wanted people to know that ok tire 100% stocks our tire size.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spadesheart For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My tires are also 175/65/14. They are Toyo tires Extensa A/S. Good grip and smooth ride. Bought them last year, and I never have any flats.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadesheart View Post
    OK tire in canada has a 165 tire that is a four season tire, meaning it has a winter rating, and 80000 km warranty for around 90 CAD installed. I have no experience with OK tire but that isn't bad considering insurers have to give a discount for winter tires in Canada.

I've been shopping around for a couple cheap tires, one of mine popped so I have to replace at least two. I was going to get 4 175 tires from costco since their pirellis had a crazy warranty, but I am in the midst of maybe purchasing another house so I wanted to keep expenses down. I have also since been told by many tire guys that you can run 165 and 175 tires together without problem so long as the vehicle isn't all wheel drive, some cars even come from the factory with different sized on the front and back. So I don't really need to change all 4 anyways even if 175 was my only option.

Still shopping around so I will see if i can find something better, just wanted people to know that ok tire 100% stocks our tire size.
    I just read this post. Hope this doesn't come across as being rude but there is some misinformation in that post. I get zero discount for running winter tires in the winter. That depends on your insurer.

I'm not sure what height difference there is between a 165 and 175 but it's not very wise to run different heights if you have 4 wheel abs. If they are the same then your good to go. I've seen height differences of over an inch with even the same size tires just from different manufactures. This can be enough to make your abs go off when you don't need it, then potentially just disable and turn on the brake and abs light if it after it senses different wheel speeds for a given length of time. But yes, some cars like corvettes and vipers come with taller tires in the rear than front. They are kinda designed this way.

I found these http://www.quattrotires.com/tires/rp203/23263 for a pretty good price. I've bought tires from them before and had a good experience.
    I personally don't care much about tire warranty, if it's half worn out then you have a problem you still have to pay for half a new tire don't you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)