Thread: New Kid from Tennessee

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Kid from Tennessee

Hello all! My 2014 Mirage and I have been together since January of this year. It was purchased for the gas mileage which hasn't let me down! Mira and I travel 30 glorious miles to work every morning, do some putzing around during lunch and then another 30-mile trip takes me home. What a great car! I am averaging 44 to 46 miles per gallon, and I tend to have a lead foot! I do have a question: Have any of you noticed an alignment problem? http://mirageforum.com/forum/images/...ulpability.png Just curious because my passenger-side front tire has worn differently than the tires. What say you? I'm wondering if it is the curves I take at a bit more than the posted speed.

This little beauty sure hugs the road!! Thanks for any input!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Mz.Pam!

The link does not work for me but anyway! The only way to tell the alignment for sure, if the car is actually hooked up to an alignment machine.

With the tall profile tires on the Mirage they sure roll onto their edge during sporty cornnering so if the edges are worn and you know that you are having fun in the corners then that will do it for sure.

I also speculate that the reason for the passenger side showing more wear is due to the driver's weight causing more body roll during right turns and less body roll during left turns. (if it is the inside edge worn on the passenger front tire. Can't see the pic)

Glad to see your opposite experience (having fun driving it) than most of those professional reviews had!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 66.3 mpg (US) ... 28.2 km/L ... 3.5 L/100 km ... 79.7 mpg (Imp)

We've had one report of a mis-aligned Mirage from the factory that I know of: Steering off centre. But as 3dplane says, you really need to have it checked to confirm.

Anyway, glad to hear you're loving your car. (Feel free to make a garage entry for it... add car)

What were you driving before?

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)