Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notable differences between the 2014 - 2015 Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe this has been posted, but this article for the Indonesian model says they reworked the motor mounts to be hydraulic, and redesigned the transmission mount.
    http://autonetmagz.net/mitsubishi-mi...ew-looks/9312/

"For this new model, Mitsubishi use a hydraulic engine mounting and alumunium bracket who have a higher rigidity to reduce engine vibration with a light weight construction. The transmission mounting also rebuilt using a lighter bracket made of cast steel.

Extra sound dampening also added in the front of engine area, floor, A Pillar, and dashboard. "

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    The differences on european model are as follow:
    - Antenna has been moved to the back of the car instead of at the front
    - side turn indicator is now on built in the side mirrors
    - Audio and cruise control on the steering wheel
    - Cruise control is available as option
    - On CVT model, it now has Dl and L gear (correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was B only)
    - There's an addition of one model "Bright"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m4v3r1ck For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-12-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    Maybe this has been posted, but this article for the Indonesian model says they reworked the motor mounts to be hydraulic, and redesigned the transmission mount.
    http://autonetmagz.net/mitsubishi-mi...ew-looks/9312/
    if it's true, I will exchange my current car for the newer version later this year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    if it's true, I will exchange my current car for the newer version later this year.
    Well, only thing is this may not apply to all markets. I know there was at least one person on here (I believe from Canada) that noticed the difference in mounts, so that is probably a worldwide thing. EDIT ** OOPS it was the original poster *** I'm not sure if a motor mount change alone would be enough to be worth the hassle of trading in your current car for.
    The sound deadening is probably the items that they already put into the North American models.

Example is your notes below don't apply to the US models, as they were already available and the "Bright" trim package probably doesn't exist here.
    Last edited by db1980; 01-08-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by db1980 View Post
    Well, only thing is this may not apply to all markets. I know there was at least one person on here (I believe from Canada) that noticed the difference in mounts, so that is probably a worldwide thing. I'm not sure if a motor mount change alone would be enough to be worth the hassle of trading in your current car for.
    The sound deadening is probably the items that they already put into the North American models.

Example is your notes below don't apply to the US models, as they were already available and the "Bright" trim package probably doesn't exist here.
    Compared to my current model, exchanging my car would be a huge step up! Especially when they finally addresses the noise issue

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    None of the 15's I saw had purple seats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.8 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Even better, i hate the purple seats

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alex16 View Post
    None of the 15's I saw had purple seats.
    Yeah they did get rid of the purple seats. I agree they look a bit goofy on most of the colors, but I got Thunder Gray and IMO the little bit of color works pretty well in that case.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    yes my 2015 version has black seats and the passenger seat can also adjust in the same way the driver seat can be adjusted. Also they told me there was extra sound dampening. The CVT has indeed a L and D + Ds and the Letters are lighting up when you have your lights on. Black luxury fabric + all points m4v3r1ck wrote.

If someone can tell me where to look for the motor mounts and in what way they changed it I can check that with my car in daylight
    Last edited by ToXiQ; 01-08-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: changed D1 into Ds for the drive mode

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Panama
    Thanks
    Awww, now people won't be able to call it the Mitsubishi Massage! I thought it built character!

It will probably be better for ware and tare and longevity.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage GLS 1.2 automatic: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.4 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.1 mpg (Imp)